Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

The Wife, The Kitchen and Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wife, The Kitchen and Fishing

Do any of you guys out there get into trouble with the wife for preparing bait in the kitchen? Or is it just the smell they dont like?

Mine wont go as far as letting me keep maggots in the fridge, I did get away with putting casters in there until my father in law told her they turn into 10 maggots each and she believed him!
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Thankfully I don't live with the missus yet! But my housemates aren't too bad! We've got a designated beer fridge in the kitchen which the lads dont mind if I keep my bait in, as long as it has a lid on it. They dont ming me cooking hemp or liquidising bread either. I've yet to try Clint Elliots way of putting lobbies through the mincer. Can't see them being overly pleased with that...

They're quite good generaly actually, as theres usually a tray of rigs, or hooklengths knocking around the living room, wet nets in the garden etc lol

Although maybe it's because I'm bigger than them...
    [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

didnt realize there were people smaller than you......
      In darkness we do what we can
      In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

mentally I don't think there are lololol
        [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

my wife is very good she lets me use the kitchen for get my baits ready for fishing at the weekend, and the fridge and the deep freezer for putting my baits in. she is so good to me its nice to have a very understanding wife would not changer for the world lol

Comment

Was she stood over you while you typed that lolol

Comment

the wife

best not to have one u can do what ever u like then

Comment

My wife hated the smell of hemp cooking, the garage full of flies, the occasional bag of casters in the fridge,and the bedroom full of tackle, so something had to change...........I miss the old girl sometimes

Comment

used an old fridge in the lobby but unplugged it to do the lawn and forgot to put it back . wife was one week over due with the first when she rang me. have you started i asked no you f*****g idiot there is a gallon of maggots crawling all over my kitchen.oops
                  the carrot bites back:D
                  ooh you are awful!!

Comment

My cordless drill bit the dust so my wife suggested I try her food mixer for mixing groundbait. She stood and watched me do 2 mixes whilst sat on the kitchen floor.
                    MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Casters allowed in the fridge, had to buy another liquidser after her smoothies starting tasting funny and used to keep maggots and worms in the bath (it was coolest room) until had a worm breakout and the bath was covered in them
                      [B][FONT="Tahoma"]Coton Cons AC[/FONT][/B]
                      [B][FONT="Tahoma"]"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it." Winston Churchill. [/FONT][/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"][URL]www.victorian-bulldog.co.uk[/URL][/COLOR][/B]

Comment

brookie11's missus cooks his hemp and tares and liquidizes his bread an all!

Comment

My wife doesn't get a choice!!! I tell HER where my bait goes, maggots in the fridge, casters, the lot, don'tcha wish your wives were as 'accommodating' as mine!!

P.S I am hoping to be out of hospital in a week or so!!

Comment

One of the fastest routes to the divorce court is via the domestic liquidiser and a sense of experimentation!!
                            Get yourself your own bait fridge and bung it out of the way in the garage, shed, back bedroom or wherever. ASDA Smart Price blender - under £10. It's MINE FOR BAIT Darling - don't worry. In fact I was blitzing Vitalin only last night.
                            Smelly concoctions and hemp boiling should take place when she's out - or else ........!!!

On occasions my wife will ask me what I'm doing when I'm prepping non smelly bits and pieces. I'm sure she doesn't understand the answers though.

My wife would follow me to the ends of the earth - but only out of curiosity!!

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Lambert View Post
                              One of the fastest routes to the divorce court is via the domestic liquidiser and a sense of experimentation!!
                              Get yourself your own bait fridge and bung it out of the way in the garage, shed, back bedroom or wherever. ASDA Smart Price blender - under £10. It's MINE FOR BAIT Darling - don't worry. In fact I was blitzing Vitalin only last night.
                              Smelly concoctions and hemp boiling should take place when she's out - or else ........!!!

On occasions my wife will ask me what I'm doing when I'm prepping non smelly bits and pieces. I'm sure she doesn't understand the answers though.

My wife would follow me to the ends of the earth - but only out of curiosity!!
                              I'm totally with you Phil, I just can't believe some anglers it's not difficult to avoid upset,
                              Me being a loyal caring husband I wouldn't nay couldn't do anything to upset my wife.
                              I learnt years ago it's easier & a quieter life to do exactly as my gaffer tells me
                              I keep all my gear, fridge freezer & bait in the cellar (my domain) the rest of the house is hers.
                              I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                              He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Working...
                              X