Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Under £150 decent seatbox - does one exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under £150 decent seatbox - does one exist?

Hi all.

I'm looking for a decent seatbox for under £150. Is it possible?

There are several on ebay I've been looking at:

5 Drawer Fishing Seatbox With Groundbait Sidetray Offer on eBay (end time 08-Aug-10 17:16:04 BST)

COMPLETE 5 DRAW FISHING SEAT BOX INC FOOTPLATE & EXTRAS on eBay (end time 14-Aug-10 18:25:54 BST)

New 5 Drawer Carbon-Lite Seatbox with padded pole seat on eBay (end time 25-Aug-10 15:34:01 BST)

3 Drawer Fishing Seatbox With Sidetray and Pup Arm on eBay (end time 25-Aug-10 13:27:59 BST)

But while they look the part (to me anyway) are they worth buying or are they a waste of money.

Even I know enough that a £100 more would by me a Preston or Maver but no way can I justify that kind of cash on a metal box!

Any recommendations appreciate too! Ideally I would like something to rest a pole on as I'm not used to using one yet, but a footplate isn't necessary.

IMO they all look like there'll fall apart after a few trips on the bank, buy cheap buy twice is something always worth remembering.

You could look at a second hand box theres some real gems out there or go down to your local tackle shop or a few tackle shops and try a few out and see what you think.

Have alook here these boxes are good boxes and you can get them is your price range matchbox seat boxes - Google Product Search

Comment

Ive got the same issue although my budget is £200, ive jsut upped that £260

no point buying a box for £150, it breaking after a year and having to either replace like for like, so total £300, or then deciding to buy quality which could be a total of near £450-£500 quid

As Mark Said, buy cheap buy twice.

Im going to spend near on £300 knowing it could last me 5-6 years
      Regaining my love for fishing is like my love for my cars...expensive!!

James

Comment

I wud look to buy a used 1,like a tournament pro or boss modulator(same box) these are very strong boxes and will last forever,prob the longest lasting boxes made today and go for 140-180,look at boxes that were/are 500 when new,most will be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by carpediem4300 View Post
          Ive got the same issue although my budget is £200, ive jsut upped that £260

no point buying a box for £150, it breaking after a year and having to either replace like for like, so total £300, or then deciding to buy quality which could be a total of near £450-£500 quid

As Mark Said, buy cheap buy twice.

Im going to spend near on £300 knowing it could last me 5-6 years
          Look at the Rive in the for sale section.
          On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

^^Seen it, not keen on its storage capacity compared to competitors like maver pro, daiwa 200

James

Comment

if u are local to that rive,i wud go and have a look,think he wud take 200,will be as much storage in that as it is as the 200 box,or u can add a tray or 2 at a later date.

Comment

no point yet Fordy, cant buy until end of september anyway,

significant other demands a holiday :S

James

Comment

Well, I'm happy. Managed to get a Team Diawa seat box with folding foot plate and wheel trolley thingy for £145. Perfect nick too. Thanks for all the advice.

Comment

Very crafty of you to try and get traffic onto your site but only fair that you have a link back to talkangling.co.uk don't you think?

Comment

Well spotted Rob, as you say it would be nice to have a reciprocal link to TA , so would you please arrange one Kyle and advise on this thread of it being done. Failure to respond will see this thread deleted and your account closed.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X