Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

2nd Match Common Road,Evesham...14 / 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Match Common Road,Evesham...14 / 8

Just to let you all know...There is another "Guaranteed £200 for the winner" Match on the Common Road Stretch at Evesham on Sat 14 Aug. With a ticket for the 2011 ABU Garcia Wychavon Championship up for grabs if we can get 20 plus anglers on the bank..The Match on the 7th only attracted 16 anglers BUT there was the big b/worm match plus two local matches running the same day. Please note that there is a maximum of 25 pegs available and up to yesterday (Sun) there were 15 places booked. The first match was won with just over 8lb which included a big Tench!...Works out to be £25 a pound!!...Joint 2nd was just 3lb and shared £120!!..an excellent pay out for just 16 anglers fishing....Dont procrastinate....Get your name down....Its the last one till next year...Entry fee is £20 ...Call Andy Butlin on 07949 181576.
    Last edited by rjays; 9th August 2010, 01:51 AM.

...put the results up lets have a look whos there and how they did????
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Come off it Larry.. What sort of post is that?? The top three results are there..What more do you want..."who's there" you ask....well if i say John Smith...Barry white...and Sid Viscious....will it make any difference?..I can tell you that Bob Nudd....Dennis White...Kim Milson...and any other Avon Crack is not there...Just a group of half decent anglers trying to support a match...If anyone requires the full 16 names and results...let me know and i will try and get hold of them

Comment

perfectly simple request from pete, stick saturdays results up no harm in doing so. I for 1 would like to see em

Comment

Perfectly simple...but totally pointless.....However the bloke who came last was Jimmy Mcglochen who caught nothing... using Maggots, Caster, Hemp and Worm...Hope that helps

Comment

rjay not pointless at all....i like to see back up weights.....or is that the problem..and by the look of your last post.....there aint no back up weights....i rest my case

Comment

No need to rest your case Larry....There were a few anglers from this site fishing and caught nothing or less than a Pound...Dont think they would appreciate me posting that do you?...not my style to do that to them..( its a respect thing )

Comment

respect my bottom.........results are results and its obvious why you wont post them.....

Comment

Ok Larry....Lets see if i can simplify for you....16 anglers.....8lb won.....joint 2nd was 3lb....(as stated in original thread) that leaves 13 anglers with less than 2lb 15oz 8drms and your'e asking me for "back up weights".....I already told you Jimmy Mcglochen DNW.....So you can deduce from that...that: at best, 12 anglers had more than 0....but less than 3lb....quite simple really...."fished hard" is the expression

Comment

Larry everyone knows its hard fishing at times but there a good bunch of blokes and i agree with rjays he has put top 3 weights up what more do you want why dont you go and try one yourself and then you can collect all names and weights and put em on here if you so wish stop knocking the guy for no reason theres a good payout and at the end of the day the winner will be the angler with the best weight be it 20 pound 0r 1 pound still got a beat those around you.

Comment

names of top 3 and pegs would of helped,bin this off otherwise.

Comment

Cheers Steveevans9...you down there this weekend mate?....I'm as baffled as you as to whats going on here...I try to promote a match (of which i get nothing for) and Larry (who i understand is a mod and should know better) hijacks the thread and requests ridiculous things...Or are you (Larry) trying to belittle the stretch or de-motivate people who may wish to enter i'm sure you have your own agenda on that....I will request that one of the Mods move all posts (apart from the original one) and put them under another heading and i will be pleased to carry this on if you wish...FORDY-1..I'm sure you are a very capable angler and if i say the winner came from peg 22, it may be of use to you..but you need to take into account that, because of the numbers there..peg 22 was the end peg...that may not be the case next match..get a full house and the end peg may be 26...So as you can now see....the winning peg, weight or angler for that matter is irrelevant

Comment

Fordy , Your request is different to teapots , he seems to be more interested in who fished and what they had (never mentioned what pegs they fished !!), anyway in fairness to jays , he may not even know the names , I was there and I neither know nor care what the names were.
                          As for, bin this off .................... isn't that a little premature ...... it aint even bin fished yet !!!!!

Comment

ok gentle men it seems you are opposed to giving out results.thats your choice but don't accuse me of hi jacking threads ,The site is good enough to let you post your matches. just post the results simple isn't it....as for being baffled rjay....its a simple request i don't know you or in particular want to. But people scan results to see what is fishing and what is not so good, its been happening for years... as for moderators can they not have opinion are we suposed to just sit and read all your waffle...i think not.if it fished crap it fished crap there is no ulteria motive other than i like to see whats caught

Comment

Originally posted by rjays View Post
                              Cheers Steveevans9...you down there this weekend mate?....I'm as baffled as you as to whats going on here...I try to promote a match (of which i get nothing for) and Larry (who i understand is a mod and should know better) hijacks the thread and requests ridiculous things...Or are you (Larry) trying to belittle the stretch or de-motivate people who may wish to enter i'm sure you have your own agenda on that....I will request that one of the Mods move all posts (apart from the original one) and put them under another heading and i will be pleased to carry this on if you wish...FORDY-1..I'm sure you are a very capable angler and if i say the winner came from peg 22, it may be of use to you..but you need to take into account that, because of the numbers there..peg 22 was the end peg...that may not be the case next match..get a full house and the end peg may be 26...So as you can now see....the winning peg, weight or angler for that matter is irrelevant
                              if the info is irrelavent why put mickey mouse results up,results should be full of information,the end peg there nearly always wins with a decent angler on it,has for years,always has always will

Comment

Working...
                              X