Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Umbrella

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umbrella

Now its the rainy season I need a new umbrella (my old one gave me some grief yesterday) any recommendations?

had the korum lightweight on order for at least 8 weeks and it is still out of stock

Comment

Invest in a decent set of waterproofs and bin the brolly.
      On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Still get soakin under waterproofs! The rain the other day was the size of golf balls and it's summer looking for a decent umbrella.

Comment

i recently got the waterline fibre light. its brilliant, it has fibre-glass arms so that if the wind is really strong it basicaly just flexes the arms a bit sor it neither rips or breaks. lifetime warranty and is light but very waterproof. RRP £60
          Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
          Perch-3lb
          Tench-5 1/2lb
          Carp-15lb
          Barbel-10 1/2lb
          Chub 5 1/4lb
          Roach 1 1/2lb
          Rudd 2lb
          Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

Thanks will have a look at that! Any other recommendations. I do a lot of pole fishing are any of the pole shipper umbrellas any good

Comment

I was looking at the pole flap brollys myself, but they seem to limit the position of the brolly so you can ship through. I have used a short brolly arm off a box leg in some proper typhoons this year, and stayed nice and dry.
              I'll look at them fibrelites though, my brolly is about 25 yrs old.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Waterline Fibre-lite Umbrella : Umbrellas Waterline Fibre-lite Umbrella | Gerry's Fishing

that tells you a little bit about them but i can say they are very versitile. I went to barbel fish a far away spot on the train turned out they was cuting weed up stream so i couldnt fish it at all as no matter what method weed every 10 seconds. so i set that up live a small bivvy and when to sleep for 4 hours in high wind and rain. Dry as a bone
                Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
                Perch-3lb
                Tench-5 1/2lb
                Carp-15lb
                Barbel-10 1/2lb
                Chub 5 1/4lb
                Roach 1 1/2lb
                Rudd 2lb
                Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

I might have to invest in one of them for next years british summer. The relic I lug about weighs about 3 ton, dry.
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

haha i know that feeling, im so glad i gotta new one, aparently one of the lightest on the market but still adds alot of weight to the bag :@
                    Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
                    Perch-3lb
                    Tench-5 1/2lb
                    Carp-15lb
                    Barbel-10 1/2lb
                    Chub 5 1/4lb
                    Roach 1 1/2lb
                    Rudd 2lb
                    Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

i'm using a zebco that i got from argos, stays dry on the inside and is plenty big enough, also happily supports its own weight on the ribs if you can't get the bankstick in. does weigh a bit though but i can't complain for £25
                      i'm not lazy, just energy efficient.

Comment

i always wear waterproofs but i use a brolly to keep my kit and especially my bait dry, the smell of drying and damp bags when i open my tackle cupboard gets my missus moaning for hours, mind you she moans all the time anyway

Comment

Here's my advice... I've tried most of the brollys on the market. Conclusion is, none of them are really up to the wind and rain we get. Some of the cheapest ones have lasted the longest. So buy the cheapest, my current one was £14.95 from argos and has lasted 3 years. Why pay more? Expensive ones, £60 plus, haven't lasted any longer.

Comment

Working...
                          X