Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

why am i setting up all bar the kitchen sink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why am i setting up all bar the kitchen sink

[B][/after results going from bad to worse i find my self now setting every thing up in a match and im now loosing the plot i need to get back to basics you match men what would your set ups be if you where fishing a carp lake but you did not have anny info on it. ps if naths out there your advice would be apreseated so would every one else cheers lads

Do what your good at, if its waggler shallow then have a go if the conditions are right. My plan would be start on the method then if this dies I will have a chuck on the waggler if its not to windy. Then pole in the margins later on.

Comment

Fish to your strengths mate.
      Mine is bottom fishing with pellet and the method. Drew last week next to a brilliant UIW angler.Knew he would slaughter me if i tried to compete on his method so stuck to my strengths. He won with 75lb but i ran him close with 68lb odd for third.
      GO BACK TO WHAT YOU DO BEST.
      On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

go with what you know, confidence will do you more good than being on the latest method, better to get ten bites and ten fish than twenty bites and eight fish.
        i'm not lazy, just energy efficient.

Comment

Spot on,chaps-don't over complicate things,mate. It's better to be good at a few methods than just proficient at loads more. So,go with your strengths in the match and practice the methods you're not as good at on practice days where there's less pressure.
          Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
          Alwight tweacle?

Comment

take a bit of time out! find out what methods are working on your venue, then set just these up & give them time to work, some methods are quick starters ie breadpunch & some take time to work ie margin fishing or hemp fishing. so think about what you'r going to do before the match, concentrate on your feeding, make sure you have enough of the right bait. this will give you the confidence to stick to a plan! this plan may not always work but at least you wont be swopping about like a windmill! all the best, Phil.

Comment

There used to be a very valid saying at my old shooting club,"beware the man with only one gun.....he probably knows how to use it"
              Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

I would always try and find out what the best metods and baits normally are and it would depend on size of lake, weather and size of fish.

Comment

As long as they are in the top 2ft of water Nath.
                  On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

thanks lads went yesterday fished 12mt corn and plt corn plt inside line pluss odd chuck with plt feeder peg to my right 13 had 46lb peg 12 had 60lb peg 11 20lb peg 10 21lb to my left 15 had 15 lb 16 had 10lb. lower so on still kicking my self should have done better though.now where did i put them darn valium.

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
                      As long as they are in the top 2ft of water Nath.
                      Actually, no! Normally fish 3 to 5 ft deep, method or bomb!

Comment

handbags at dawn girls

Comment

No chance mate, friendly banter. And he'd kick me head in anyway with all that kick boxing he does.

Comment

Working...
                          X