Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

yay, new pb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yay, new pb

well chuffed, last chuck of the day, last bit of corn and an otherwise middling day becomes awesome, i know most of you guys would class it as small but to me a 10lb carp is a fine achievement. safe to say i now know how far my float rod bends and that my drag is set right!
    last 3 weeks have seen me up my pb from 5lb to 6 then 8 and finally 10, glad i didn't get this one on the pole though.
    i'm not lazy, just energy efficient.

Sharpey.
    PBs are what they are mate. Personal to ourselves and that's all that matters. Well done buddy and don't let anyone degrade your acievement.
    You just gotta keep upping the anti now mate.
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

A big well done mate,im certain your new pb wont last long,its not all about wieght but its a good feeeling to up it a bit,as Spadger says its a personal thing,but the important thing is to enjoy what your doing,all the best Peter.
      Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

what i did is got a pb of 11lb then got myself down a lake where the smallest fish is 8lb or so up to 40lb that way i know ive got a good chance of beatin it and i got a 16lb but its trying to beat that which is flippin hard but fun

keep goin m8 if theres bigger than 10lb fish in the lake then who knows it might eat your maggot or corn if its there goodluck and congrat

Comment

thanks guys, bigger fish are welcome but i'd just like some warning next time, i was rolling a smoke when the float went. i think there are a couple of 20's in the canal and up to 30ish in the lake.
          the adrenaline rush was unreal, trying to stay calm and methodical about weighing and photographing took some doing.

Comment

Was it a common? On my local the common's seem to have twice the power of the others.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

yep, along lean common, didn't exactly run fast just had so much power in comparison to the 8lb mirror i had last week on floater with the pole, actually struggled to net it even once it was tired out.

Comment

Well you beat me ( no great acchievment ) on the common carp PB, mines about 6-7
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

A 10lb fish is one BIG fish & on the float too!!! well done John.

Comment

thanks, i even managed to ( just about) keep it in my peg!

Comment

Working...
                    X