Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pole advice needed please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pole advice needed please.

hi all im after some pole advice please basically im reasonably new to the match scene and currently use a a shimano technium xta 13m but i feel its a bit heavy and very droopy at 13m and fishing a match today i really needed an extra metre or so to get amongst the fish so what i am asking is does anyone know of a half decent pole thats reasonable at 16m and not too heavy...ill be going second hand tho as to get as much as poss for my money ie around 350..any help appreciated thanks

Gonna push it at that price mate.
    Best bet would be to look for a Garbolino super or premier legion with a few spare tops. Sell the Shimano and add that money to the money you already have and look to go 2nd hand.
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

definatley doing that spadge so should of put 450-500 really cheers mate

Comment

the technium is very light ... so light it blows around with a side wind if you think thats heavy you are going to have a shock with anything at 16m...

true you can get a legion for £250 with 3 tops (seen 1 on here recently) i went with the exage 14.5m

Comment

if you're going 2nd hand the only way is to handle the pole yourself, for £450 you should get a very good pole in good nick & plenty of spares,try & buy off someone you know or collect if possible, stick to good makes like daiwa, tri-cast, map, shimano etc, hope this helps. Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by richierich2347 View Post
            the technium is very light ... so light it blows around with a side wind if you think thats heavy you are going to have a shock with anything at 16m...

true you can get a legion for £250 with 3 tops (seen 1 on here recently) i went with the exage 14.5m
            what is the exage like to use i fish off a chair and i am hoping to hold it at 14.5 mtrs comfortably

Comment

Look at the MAP TKs range m8, You can get a brand new TKS 325 14.5m pole for around £500 and the top kits for the TKS range are £30 to £40 if you shop around. My first pole was a shimano beastmaster xta, very strong but heavy to fish long. Think about do you really need a 16m pole, how many times will you fish at 16m, I have a 16m and have never used it over 14.5m, for that extra piece the poles shoot up to nearly double also at some venues 14.5m is the limit. The top kits are really easy to elasticate, there are marks on the pole that tell you where to cut and what size bushes and elastic to use.

Regards

Fishmongole

Comment

Originally posted by hawb81 View Post
                what is the exage like to use i fish off a chair and i am hoping to hold it at 14.5 mtrs comfortably
                hi, i can handly the pole with no problem... but i would struggle from a carp type chair so i would say not good

Comment

A carp chair does not allow you to be sitting right and using a pole, ideally you need to be sat with the angle between your upper and lower leg at a right angle, that will put the upper part of your leg parallel to the ground, and allow you to support your pole along it, sitting at a slight angle also helps as the pole can the be supported over both legs. This really can only be achieved with a box that has legs to adjust the height, you will be surprised how much lighter and easier a pole is to handle, and make handling anything over 13 metres easier.
                  £400 to £500 put you in the price bracket of a good number of second hand poles, which should have a fair number of spares, obviously you have to watch out for the condition, worth remembering that everyones opinion of good condition will vary, the number of repairs it may have, and also the availability of spares, not much use buying a 5 year old pole to find you break a section and theres non available.
                  At £500 you might just find a reasonable new 16 metre pole that is not current, its always worth doing a few google searches under a particular make and model to see what it might throw up.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

i dont use a carp chair, i use a korum lightweight chair with the preston onbox extending legs, on my front left leg is a keepnet arm and a side tray on my front right leg is a pole sock, on my back left leg are 2 short brolly arms and on my back right is a pole crook which i use to balance my pole across my right leg and it is very comfortable, all my tackle and bait are in my korum ruckbag, my pole, brolly any rods and ironware are in my quiver bag which i transport on a folding golf trolly and i use the daiwa aqua dry net bag for my nets and get i all on the bus
                    i do have a maver 3000 seatbox which is at the back of my cupboard

Comment

a chair is all wrong on your back fishing a pole

Comment

Originally posted by tewton View Post
                        a chair is all wrong on your back fishing a pole
                        with the way my set up is its not much different to sitting on a box, i have 5 boxes 2 of the plastic shakespere ones a jrc one and 2 with the drawers a kiley and a maver and i find the chair just as easy and comfortable and there is a backrest if i need it

Comment

Working...
                        X