Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

coombe abbey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coombe abbey

walked around coombe at the weekend with a view to fishing it this month but its unfishable due to bank to bank weed. 2 carp guys on there both said they couldnt find a single clear spot on numerous pegs and that loads of season tickets had been returned. think that cov council would do something about it as apparently it was like it last year as well.

I never knew there was fishing there?
    I heard of the pike there but nothing about fishing for them.
    Where abouts is the fishing?
    Connor
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

The Council created artificial reefs in the lake to try and protect the juvenile fish from Cormorant predation.Seems an odd thing to do seeing as they actively encourage the Cormorants to nest there.The reefs have obviously interupted the natural flow in the lake which in turn has caused the weed problem.
      Coombes bream and roach shoals were legendary 40 years ago,and you'd need to get there before first light if you had any hope of getting a peg in the woods (low numbers) in recent years its been virtually unfished.
      Coombe is now a SSSI and is geared towards habitat preservation and wildlife protection,this in turn has had a detrimental effect on the fishery.
      Whats a commercial fishery ?

Comment

agree with you two shakes used to fish it quite a bit a few years ago seems a shame that its got in such a state but suppose i wont miss the walk to the woods,used to be cream crackered by the time i got to my peg

Comment

Working...
        X