Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

So proud of my girls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So proud of my girls!

I just wanted to share this with you all,

When my daughters were born (i have 2, one 8 and one 10 years old), i have to admit that whilst i love them dearly and would do anything for them, i was a little dissapointed that at least one of them wasnt a lad! - for obvious reasons.

However, after today, i must admit that my perception of this has now changed!

My girls see me coming back from fishing matches regularly and have often passed the comment that they would like to have a go, however i have probably been to steriotypical and thought that they wouldnt appreciate it so have never taken them..... until today.

I decided that i would give it a go today (quite reluctantly i hastent to add, imagining them standing on my pole sections and falling in etc, i must admit, it wasnt a prospect that i was looking forward to).

How wrong i was!!!!!!!

I'm not kidding you, from the moment that we got up until we got back home this afternoon, they were brimming with enthusiasm, and so they should have been, they ended up catching 68 fish between them, ranging from 1oz perch to a double figure carp each!!!!!!!!!!! both with bream to 2lb and other carp to 5lb honestly, all on a top two kit with double maggot at my local Riddings fishery!

In the end, it was me that was ready to pack up and not the girls, they really couldnt get enough of it, and i was (and still am) so proud!

It just goes to show you, you dont have to have kids of a certain gender to enjoy things with them, my missus didnt smile very much this evening when my daughters told her that we would now be fishing on the weekends that daddy doesnt have a match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get in!!!!!!!!!!
    To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Originally posted by Blueser View Post
    I just wanted to share this with you all,

When my daughters were born (i have 2, one 8 and one 10 years old), i have to admit that whilst i love them dearly and would do anything for them, i was a little dissapointed that at least one of them wasnt a lad! - for obvious reasons.

However, after today, i must admit that my perception of this has now changed!

My girls see me coming back from fishing matches regularly and have often passed the comment that they would like to have a go, however i have probably been to steriotypical and thought that they wouldnt appreciate it so have never taken them..... until today.

I decided that i would give it a go today (quite reluctantly i hastent to add, imagining them standing on my pole sections and falling in etc, i must admit, it wasnt a prospect that i was looking forward to).

How wrong i was!!!!!!!

I'm not kidding you, from the moment that we got up until we got back home this afternoon, they were brimming with enthusiasm, and so they should have been, they ended up catching 68 fish between them, ranging from 1oz perch to a double figure carp each!!!!!!!!!!! both with bream to 2lb and other carp to 5lb honestly, all on a top two kit with double maggot at my local Riddings fishery!

In the end, it was me that was ready to pack up and not the girls, they really couldnt get enough of it, and i was (and still am) so proud!

It just goes to show you, you dont have to have kids of a certain gender to enjoy things with them, my missus didnt smile very much this evening when my daughters told her that we would now be fishing on the weekends that daddy doesnt have a match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get in!!!!!!!!!!

It don't matter one bit that one of your kids ain't a boy mate..!! I know were your coming from on this one.! Me and my 11 year old girl go locally and far and wide during the school holidays and to pass on a bit of knowledge to your kids and get the pleasure out of watching them do something that you enjoy also..is priceless ..last time me and my daughter went out she dragged a 15 pound carp out of the local pond..got it all on video..and can't stop watching it...happy days m8.. Happy days...

Comment

Ive had to show the family the photos on my phone today! they keep askin me when we can go next!

Fantastic!
      To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

Working...
      X