Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Do you think bream fight hard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think bream fight hard?

as the title says...
    Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
    Perch-3lb
    Tench-5 1/2lb
    Carp-15lb
    Barbel-10 1/2lb
    Chub 5 1/4lb
    Roach 1 1/2lb
    Rudd 2lb
    Bream 6 1/2lb

I'd never approach one if it was waving a switchblade about.
    MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Are you asking because you have had trouble in particular ?
      I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
      He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Nope, they just come to the surface if you catch them in deap water. Ive had bream to 11lb 4oz, that fought fairly well. I have had loads of 7-9lbers and they haven't fought.
        Oh, if you catch biggish bream in shallow water (1ft ish) you wont stand a chance. They fight harder than wild carp. What they do is they swim sideways and slam their tales on the bottom so its like a propeller and they speed up. They are unstoppable.
        Dan

Comment

I foul hooked a 6oz skimmer in it's clacker the other week, it went like a train!
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Oh yea, I foul hook a 1lb skimmer on 6 elastic and that screamed of to. I thouhgt it was a 2lb carp. Also, Ive found when you hook a big skimmer , somtimes they jump out of the water like trout and make a horrible slap on the water.

Comment

i down think id mess either if it had a switch blade.....and i justwondered because iv never caught a true common until i went ireland where i landed may 6lb fish.....iv heard they come up like a sack of spuds.....what a load of crap.... they fight much harder than carp and managed to snap a few times on 6lb line (fish of around 7-8lb) suffice to say we never managed to land those slabs......just wondered you guys experiances with bream
              Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
              Perch-3lb
              Tench-5 1/2lb
              Carp-15lb
              Barbel-10 1/2lb
              Chub 5 1/4lb
              Roach 1 1/2lb
              Rudd 2lb
              Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

Personally i've had Bream that fight as hard as Carp but i've also had them come up like a sack of spuds. For some reason Irish Bream always seem to fight harder, i've always put it down to the size of the waters they have over there.

Comment

i imagine if the fish is living in powerful waterways such as the shannon its just pure muscle. But iv never experianced an english bream so i was mainly curious
                  Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
                  Perch-3lb
                  Tench-5 1/2lb
                  Carp-15lb
                  Barbel-10 1/2lb
                  Chub 5 1/4lb
                  Roach 1 1/2lb
                  Rudd 2lb
                  Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

All types of fish have fit, active, strong 1s and fat lazy useless 1s! Just like humans!

Comment

I had an 8lb one from my local club lake which came in very easy,but a 6lber from the BURE on light float gear was a fantastic experiance i guess the current was the main factor but this lovely fish gave me the right run around before i could net it.

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
                        All types of fish have fit, active, strong 1s and fat lazy useless 1s! Just like humans!
                        I know what I am out of the 2

Comment

3-4lb bream, bite, strike, and it just floated to the surface.
                          I thought it was dead at first, but took a bit or reeling in.

Comment

It varies from venue to venue. The River Thames bream at medley pull back hard. But then i've caught bream 5-6lb all day long at Manor lake and they just give up, they give you nothing. I have foul hooked alot of bream and they fight hard if hooked in the anal/tailfin. Still a great fish to catch though, I never get bored and never would get bored catching bream whether they fight or not. Give me a slab over a carp anyday!!

Comment

Working...
                            X