Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website

Was thinking of setting up a web-page for a small club with 20-odd members, just to post results,fixtures etc.Does anybody know how i would go about setting this up or have any ideas on how i should start it off.Wheres the best place to get domain names etc or are there any pitfalls i should watch out for? Many thanks, Wayne.

Wayne,why not get all the members to join the best forum around(yes mate this one)then you can simply set up your own social group on here for all your club members,its easy to do,costs you nothing, you can put fixtures,results,pictures(have your own album)on,chat amongst yourselves,the pleasure/specimen group i set up now has 60+ members,and although only about 7 or 8 of us post on a regular basis i know a lot more look in now and again,the ones that post frequently use it to keep in touch and make arrangements for forthcoming trips,have a look by clicking on the link at the bottom of this thread,if you need any help or have any questions let me know.Regards Peter.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Cheers Peter, i'll have a look into that.

Comment

Try setting something up through wordpress. Just google it & follow the simple instructions. It's how I set up my blog & if I can do it I'm sure you can. You can check out my blog through this link Avonangler's Blog All the best. Steve

Comment

Avonangler just been reading your blog,nice to see anglers on the river bank instead of carp pools,i spent a lot of time on the avon at offenham at the bridge inn,and the town water.about 25years+ ago yer nice one mate.alan

Comment

Enjoyed the blog, i'll have a look into it. Cheers

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments guys. Didn't mean to pimp my blog via another anglers question

Comment

Hi you might want to investigate Mr Site, £35 quid a year and deals with all your domain name setups etc, very simple easy to use interface means anyone get set up a good looking site.

http://www.mrsite.com/

if you want to see an example, I run a site for our fishing club.

BGAC - Home Page

Comment

Carpslayer, why not just set up a social group on here, then everything is taken care of for you! Oh, and its free plus you have no upgrades to do - just get on with doing what you want too, i.e. posting fixtures, results and chatting with your members.
                  Simon Young
                  Admin
                  Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                  web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Originally posted by Oneabung View Post
                    Carpslayer, why not just set up a social group on here, then everything is taken care of for you! Oh, and its free plus you have no upgrades to do - just get on with doing what you want too, i.e. posting fixtures, results and chatting with your members.
                    Think ive read that advice before...lol.
                    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Bakestone Moor AC is what I've done for my club

Comment

Working...
                      X