Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

bait bans ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bait bans ?

can any one tell me why sam hostics near beverly bans bread and meat plus lots more? nateral baits are allowed mags,worms,casters and pellets as long as they are not flavored dos my head in even mussles are not allowed and there natual.

Its like that in a lot of places mate ! at the end of the day if the fishery management say them are the rules they must be obeyed,it could be that in the past somebody has gone over the top with bread and ended up using about 3 loafs of bread and just spoiled it for everybody else,i have one near me were you couldnt use any kind of pellet apart from on the hook ! but thankfully they have lifted that ban now and meat is banned at a lot of places.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus1005 View Post
      can any one tell me why sam hostics near beverly bans bread and meat plus lots more? nateral baits are allowed mags,worms,casters and pellets as long as they are not flavored dos my head in even mussles are not allowed and there natual.
      I remember sam hosticks kicking someone off his venue about 5 years ago for fishing with the wrong colour of maggots..?
      Last month 4 of our club members got asked to leave at messingham sands for not using his hook pellets...?
      Thing is mate rules are rules and they do differ from venue to venue,get to know them before you do anything else...then you have only yourself to blame when things go pear shape..
      Another way around it is to pick a venue that aint got as many of the more stupid rules and fish on them...I am presuming you are in a fishing club on this one .?

Comment

meat is becoming an issue as the oil within it basicaly lowers the oxygen levels in the water. At hayfield lakes catmeat was used heavily and there was no restriction on meat....they lost a lot of fish and was apparently due to the water not holding enough oxygen because of the oils... So now most places have a restriction on meat to an extent, usualy 1 tin per session. In other fisheries the results of the oil is becoming more apparent. So thats my guess, that the guy just wants the best for his stock
        Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
        Perch-3lb
        Tench-5 1/2lb
        Carp-15lb
        Barbel-10 1/2lb
        Chub 5 1/4lb
        Roach 1 1/2lb
        Rudd 2lb
        Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

hi mate i am not in a club just a disabled plesure angler who can not get to far away from home as i have no transport have to get taxis when i go fishing which is once every couple of weeks. I would just like to fish with out the hassle of been told what i can use or not .I understand about fish care but i think some times the oweners go to the far end of a fart . but i will still fish there as it is a good pond with quality fish.

Comment

my local has banned boilies and peanuts but it is down to the owner to decide, might have to give cashews a try, hehe.
            i'm not lazy, just energy efficient.

Comment

club match at borwick sunday,not one banned bait !!!!! hows about that then?

trouble is what baits do i fish with, not as if i can take everything...................................is it?
              brookside anglers EX- superstar

Comment

Originally posted by rufus1005 View Post
                hi mate i am not in a club just a disabled plesure angler who can not get to far away from home as i have no transport have to get taxis when i go fishing which is once every couple of weeks. I would just like to fish with out the hassle of been told what i can use or not .I understand about fish care but i think some times the oweners go to the far end of a fart . but i will still fish there as it is a good pond with quality fish.
                Is Risby ponds anywere near to you mate.? Thought it might be as it's not far from hosticks.! If it's not far from you I would suggest that you go there..he ant got many rules at all..

Comment

Working...
                X