Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

night on the trent,@ collingham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• night on the trent,@ collingham

we have just done a night on the trent at collingham. fished around peg 12 . got there at around 12.30 in after noon feeding 4mm pellets and hemp and odd pouch of corn .not a knock till 10pm my fishing buddy toad got the first a barbel that was 11lb ..after a while not even getting knocks i dropped my hook length down to 5lb ,on one of the rods and put a small piece of 6mm size meat on, within ten mins, bang fish on yiipppeee ..but then lost it ,when i looked at my rig my 3ft hook length was broke half way down , i made a new one with 8lb bottom and a size 12hook 30 mins or so it went again a little fight and then ..NO its gone again thought it snaped again ..but it had straightend my hook

now i made up a new hook this time a size 10 small meat again .a little wait and fish on a 7lb barbel yippeee for real this time ,as it colder the bites gots less . nothing till early hours .. i changed to double corn and bang in again .a nice little barbel of around 4lb

that was it ..not another knock ..we packed up at around 10.30 ..it was not too bad a night weather wise when we left windy skelmersdale the weather men said high winds and heavy rains on the way ..... but the rain was light and we managed to find a shelterd bit of the river ..would defo go again ...hope this might help someone who might be going that way soon ...

total 4 runs 2 fish .. cold night .. happy angler ....
Working...
X