Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

whats the best way of attaching single solid elastic to a dacron connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the best way of attaching single solid elastic to a dacron connector

whats the best way of attaching single solid elastic to a dacron connector

Tie a simple knot in the end of the laccy and lassoo it with the dacron above the knot and pull tight,the knot stops it from slipping past. That's the way I did it,following instructions on the back of the fox match dacronnectors pack.
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

I use the same method as Paul K, a short loop of 25lb Hi-Viz fly backing is my prefered material due to stiffness which is connected above a single over hand loop (trimmed down) in the elastic and then dressed with a cut down Korda tail rubber makes a neat strong connection and i'm happy to say i'm yet to have one fail.
      [SIZE="5"][/SIZE][B][SIZE="5"]Born to fish forced to work!![/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Same as both the above, can't go wrong
        The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others

Comment

I must be the only one who does it differently then,i attach a small piece of silicone to the dacron to protect the elastic(whether this makes any difference is debatable)then do a double overhand loop and cover with a cut down Korda tail rubber.

Comment

The silicone is a good idea,maverboy.
            Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
            Alwight tweacle?

Comment

do u use this style for silvers

Comment

Originally posted by ian groves View Post
                do u use this style for silvers
                All my connectors are the same.

Comment

whats the advantage of using this over a normal connector

Comment

Can I ask for some advice please . I have just got a Maver 171 pole with 4 tops i appears to be the match 3 others appear power 2's I want to use the Dacron and will make my own based on Maverboys here. what I would like to know is elastics for the kits I'll use the Match kit for light silvers ( not in matches or opens yet and mainly fish commercial lakes) so what would you recommend for the match top three elastic and then wanted a recommendation for 2 x of the power kits around the medium levels of elastic and one elastic for the heavy stuff. There is every chance that i'll get a double figure fish on most vists so will need the medium and heavy to cope. Any recommendation please
                    many thanks
                    Nic

Comment

Assuming you arent using pulla bungs, vespe hollow green is a good medium with enough guts to wear a big un out, as is grey Daiwa hydrolastic, or doubled up number 8 preston slip elastic (cheaper!). For heavy stuff, purple or red hydro or another hollow with a rating in the 15 to 20 region (red Vespre is about that level i think). For the match kit I'd just elasticate the top 2 & use number 4 or 5 preston original slip elastic, but thats assuming that the silvers arent remarkably big or titchy. If you just do the top 2 then your number 3 would be usable with Maver Long number 1s, which are the cheapest way to having a choice of match kits, £35 for what is essentially a wide bore number 1 plus a number 2 combined.
                      Chris aka Looney &/or NotOneBite
                      My club - [url]www.yanglers.org.uk[/url]
                      My Blog - [url]http://chrishatman.xanga.com[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by picnic4u View Post
                        Can I ask for some advice please . I have just got a Maver 171 pole with 4 tops i appears to be the match 3 others appear power 2's I want to use the Dacron and will make my own based on Maverboys here. what I would like to know is elastics for the kits I'll use the Match kit for light silvers ( not in matches or opens yet and mainly fish commercial lakes) so what would you recommend for the match top three elastic and then wanted a recommendation for 2 x of the power kits around the medium levels of elastic and one elastic for the heavy stuff. There is every chance that i'll get a double figure fish on most vists so will need the medium and heavy to cope. Any recommendation please
                        many thanks
                        Nic
                        Hi Mate this time of year i would opt for the preston double elastic.
                        For silvers in your match top 3 i would recommend a double number 3 its so soft and stretchy you wont bump fish off and ive had 10lb fish on it at Gold vally.

For my match top 2's i would recommend a double no.5 and double no.8, its equivelant to black hydo and only £3.99.

All the Best

Terry

Comment

use 15 preston hollow alastic on your power kit with a preston puller bung and with your match kit use a preston slip no 5 alastic this alastic is best with a small size preston dacron connector. the power alastic just use a large preston dacron connector

Comment

Working...
                          X