Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

winter fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winter fishing

winter fishing just want your view on things covering rigs bait and other tips any info will be great
    s

what type of fishing are you going to be doing match speci or preditor regards john rhodes

Comment

winter???????
      fishing???????
      you mean,, people actually fish???? in winter???????

PMSL!
      :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

Originally posted by Leaky Lloyd View Post
        winter???????
        fishing???????
        you mean,, people actually fish???? in winter???????

PMSL!

A man after my own heart! I might get one more go in this year before hibernation season
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

haha yes i love winter fishing and its match fishing johnn any help please i think im on the right tracks but just need to make sure its also fishing on snake lakes thanks

Comment

feed barely anything and be prepared to search allover your peg you maybe only a foot away from a shoal of fish but they wont come to you,youve got to go to them

Comment

yes as far as im aware plenty of us go fishing in the winter and if im not mistaken i think is also called a winter league pmsl regards john r

Comment

tip: stay at home

Comment

i love winter fishing its the time the cogs have to work overtime to get the most out of your peg.i used to hate fishing in the summer on the canals you used to spend loads on bait and when you drew a peg and it wasnt either an end peg or an out and out flier where worm and caster was all that was needed you won jack i stopped going ,at least in winter theres alot more skill involved and alot more rewarding

Comment

Come on boys what you made off dont let a bit of cold put you off

put some nice warm clothing on,i have some of my better days winter fishing,lets just hope its not a long winter like the last one.

Comment

The best tip I can give you is ..... get on a river. Some cracking fishing to be had when the flows and colour are right.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Lambert View Post
                        The best tip I can give you is ..... get on a river. Some cracking fishing to be had when the flows and colour are right.
                        Well said !!!

Comment

Winter can provide good sport on rivers for big roach, chub perch and even barbel when trotting maggots or worm......Pike fishing is good this time of year too on the run up to winter

Why let the weather stop you Iv sat in blizzards for pike last year and had some great fun even though i had to wear a balacalava to prevent my lips and face surcoming to frost bite
                          Last edited by Reynolds2k7; 27 September 2010, 01:14 PM.
                          Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
                          Perch-3lb
                          Tench-5 1/2lb
                          Carp-15lb
                          Barbel-10 1/2lb
                          Chub 5 1/4lb
                          Roach 1 1/2lb
                          Rudd 2lb
                          Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

Don't believe you don't fish in the winter Leaky, your a hard as nails northerner. Luke ! You are letting the north down fella, get out there and wet a line.
                            Seriously though, like breamgod i love winter fishing. Gone are the ale drinking pot smoking buzzer boys. The fishing is superb if like breamgod says you think and work, scale everything down and feed little and you should catch.
                            The scenery is also superb, i love winter the frosty mornings and the wildlife, it's a different world to the summer. You also have the added bonus that shallow fishing is a no no, so none of that horrible slapping and tapping.
                            Roll on frostiness i say.
                            On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

if on snake lake's in winter rig wise i go 0.11 main line to 0.10 hook length with double 3-4 elastic had a couple of 10lb carp out last winter never got broke once if its hard go down to 0.8 hook length tubertini 808 hooks are a good starting point for 4mm expanders again if realy hard tubertini 801 are finer hooks hard feed pellets can still work in winter size 20 b911 eyed to 0.10 sould be fine fine float tips doted right down to a pimple will help you see bites better plus the fish feel the float less

Comment

Working...
                              X