Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

people walking the bank... non fisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• people walking the bank... non fisher

Hi, i fished an open today £20 and had set my stall out in the margins, only 3-4 non fishing friends of other anglers kept walking the bank, at one point the walker got a stool out and sat right on top of my margin swim?

when 3 of them started chatting and enjoying themselves on top of my swim i had to pack up as i felt i was going to take £5 off each of them as i know they hadnt paid to spectate they were watching the guy next to me paying full respect to his swim but backing into mine

what to do?

threat of a bankstick through the throat should be effective
    [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

This topic has been much debated on here, but basically depending on your tolerance and/or aggressiveness, the hapless 'banker' can expect anything from impromptu swimming lessons, a chinning, a chinning then swimming, or a chinning-swimming-empty tin of luncheon meat rimming, combo.

It seems the days of a polite 'exscuse me' are over.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Being the Shy Retiring Bloke i am i would have politely asked them to move ,
        Before i got up and kicked seven kinds of ---------------- out of them
        normaly has the desired effect
        Colin

Comment

catapult pellets at them. Show them your bumhole and grin. Go and sit next to them and put ur finger up their nose. Chop their legs and arms off and roll them away. Possibilities are endless.
          Last edited by hurricane; 20 September 2010, 10:47 PM. Reason: swearing
          [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

I was thinking of saying there are too many bank walkers when i get asked to go again.

the one that topped me off was a guy walked past me onto my swim right over it and stood waiting, i thought he was really trying it on then when i looked he was waiting for the guy next door to play a fish before going to him so he didnt put him off.
            Last edited by richierich2347; 20 September 2010, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by richierich2347 View Post
              I was thinking of saying there are too many bank walkers when i get asked to go again

Well that'll teach them

Comment

In all honesty if anyone skylines you just tell them they are in the way.
                Most will apologise and step back and will not return
                I never have a problem with them ignoring my request.
                Just be polite and dont be afraid to tell them
                Colin

Comment

Go to blythe fisheries richierich,they arent allowed on there.On another note maybe you was targetted as a threat to their mate or mates so it was a set up to put you off.When you packed up you should have filled your peg in,killing any swim around you.Then told next door why you did it.I bet you wouldnt be bothered by them again.As for you dick,all you would have to do is take your shirt off.One look at your muscles and they would be off.lol.
                  cornerstone.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                    Just be polite and dont be afraid to tell them
                    This ^

Comment

Originally posted by cornerstone View Post
                      As for you dick,all you would have to do is take your shirt off.One look at your muscles and they would be off.lol.
                      cornerstone.
                      But what if they like them too much LOL

Comment

The one guy told this story... then when another came he told it again, then again. in the end 5th time i told him i cannot hear it again its more than i am willing to put up with.

Comment

Never thought about that.They could be gay bankwalkers.lol
                          cornerstone.

Comment

I have never resorted to violence whilst fishing, except when i battered my brother on the bank, but we where only 14 at the time so that does not count.
                            But usually i TELL them to move and they do. If it's other anglers mates the i would have a word with him and the organiser.
                            On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

wot venue mate

Comment

Working...
                              X