Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

what hooklength length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what hooklength length

soon be time to get back on the canals so just wondering what length of hooklength do people use and do they put dropper shot on them

4-6 inches, doesn't matter as long as you tie em up all the same length. Yes i do put shot on em if rqiered.
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

7 inches for all my hook lengths for float work on rivers canals or commercials. I also will put shot on them.

Comment

Would NEVER put shot on them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Defeats the object of using a hooklength for speed of changing and keeping rig same etc!

Comment

In the winter all my hook lengths especially for silver fish will be 4 inch, i would also never put shot on it. Thats why i make them so short.

Comment

Why so short? You'd think the knot/loops would make the fish wary?
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by luke carpstalker View Post
              So you see the bites quick from small fish.

Comment

is this on float or feeder?

How does the short hooklength work? does the lopp in loop act as a resistance and register on the float?
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by luke carpstalker View Post
                  It enables me to have my tell tale shot close to the hook without putting any shot on the hooklength. I don't think knots or loops bother fish tbh just make sure there nice and neat.

Comment

thanks for replies i like to have bottom dropper around 4 inches from hook as well but not keen on loop to loop on low diameter hooklengths have been using a water knot which shows up less . Only downside is having to duplicate rigs

Comment

Originally posted by scobie View Post
                      thanks for replies i like to have bottom dropper around 4 inches from hook as well but not keen on loop to loop on low diameter hooklengths have been using a water knot which shows up less . Only downside is having to duplicate rigs
                      Use a tiny loop in your mainline and tie hooklength on with a half bloodknot, that's what I used to do but a loop to loop is more reliable and no problem if you make your loops small.

Comment

cheers nathan i use the sensas loop tyer so loops are small, just dont like the look of loop to loop on fine rigs but ill give it a go

Comment

Working...
                        X