Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pole elastic for canals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pole elastic for canals

hi,ive never fished canals with a pole before,whats the norm size elastics for canals,with bream to 6lb,roach to 1lb,carp to 30lb

I usually use no3 solid for roach etc or no6 solid for slabs, if I hook a 30lb carp I lose it.

Comment

you could always try just putting a 8 laccy in and having it loose slightly out the end it wont be any good for a 30lber but if you get a lump of bream or a 5lb carp or so you got a chance

Comment

well, for starters there isn't going to be one elastic that will cover all of those!

I use:
        2 for squatt / punch / joker up the shelf
        3 for squatt / punch / joker down the shelf
        4 for caggy and hemp, or maggot down the track
        6 - 12 for choppy depending on likely target fish. Usually doubled 6 or single 8 for chub and bream. Step it up to a short length of 10 or 12 if fishing up to a snagpit.
        [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Im with nick on this one.
          An 8 will handle anything that you have there.
          Maybe double the elastic up nearer the knot to the 2nd section incase you hook into a nice fish
          [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
          [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
          [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
          [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
          X