Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Setting up a Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up a Rod

Hello all,

Have you any tips for putting together a rod quicker when on site. Do you line up the eyes by looking down the rod or do you use somekind of marker on the joints so you know the eyes are lined up?If so do you think it's worth manufacturers putting some kind of marker on the blank for lining the eyes up correctly to save time.

regards shooter

Have all my rods already made up in ready rod sleeves.
    Just whip em out on the bank and assemble em in seconds. If you wanna guide to line up your rings just put a blob of tipex on the top of the blank.
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Just line them up and look down the whole length through the rings,shooter-you'll soon see if they're lined up or not
      Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Blimey! Only takes a few seconds! Don't matter if they ain't perfect! Have you got bad eyes or are you blinded by all the passive smoking!?

Comment

Use a pole

Comment

Have you thought about a pole instead,
            I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
            He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

[B]Have all my rods already made up in ready rod sleeves.
              Just whip em out on the bank and assemble em in seconds. If you wanna guide to line up your rings just put a blob of tipex on the top of the blank.
              ]no problem with taking 2 piece 12 foot set up but have you any tips on dismantling 3 piece 13 foot rods please i always find them tangled on my next session

thanks shooter
              Last edited by shooter7shooter; 30 September 2010, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Do the same as my 2 piece. keep em together with pieces of pole elastic tied in a loop.
                That way they stay nice and neat.
                On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

i have all my rods setup folded down and use a laggy band to hold em together if the 3 section rods get a bit tangled, tip-ex has to be the best tip here but it does need reg touching up.

An old guy near me has a sequin set in epoxy, he lines up the two sequins and job done, it works for him. Ive not tried it myself tho (each to their own i guess).

Simply making the setup rods seporately bagged up should sort tangles tbh.
                  [IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/tarks/fledger.jpg[/IMG]Fledger....... Here'.. fishy fishy fishy..:
                  Speci Carper

Comment

Thanks for the advice all. Will use an elastic band and mark the blank with a bit of tipex

thanks shooter

Comment

Working...
                    X