Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Buying lead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying lead

As the winter gallops ever nearer I was thinking of having a go at making my own feeders so that I can get a decent amount of weight on a reasonably small feeder. Short of climbing on the church roof. Where is the best place to get lead from?

Ask a local roofer for his off cuts after he has done some flashing,failing that,buy some flashing from a builders merchant but i doubt it will be cheap.

Comment

a plumber the best man to see but the problem is its fetching very good prices as scrap so it will probably cost you a drink

Comment

And you may just be fishing illegally if you do use lead.
        Byelaw relating to use of lead weights by anglers

No fishing weights made of lead may be used except those of 0.06 grams or less and those of more than 28.35 grams.
        In angling terms this means that lead shot from size 14 to size 8 and lead weights of over 1 ounce can be used in fishing.
        While lead dust shot (size 8 and smaller) are legal, they are toxic to birds if ingested. Use spillproof containers for lead dust shot and always dispose of used lead safely at home.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Another option then is lead free wheel weights,unless you have a friendly tyre fitter of course.

10 STRIP LEAD FREE STICK ON WHEEL WEIGHTS MOTORBIKE CAR on eBay (end time 18-Oct-10 14:07:14 BST)

Comment

Old car batteries,but take great care,,,,,
            Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Brian. Appreciate your input. I am looking to make reasonably sized heavy feeders. So would be looking at 40 grams +. In old money would be 1.5 oz up to about 3 oz. So hopefully I would be legal.

Comment

avon where are you based.....are you near sharpness

Comment

Glugger. I'm just North of Cheltenham

Comment

Working...
                  X