Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pubs near whiteacres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pubs near whiteacres

Looking for some pubs with decent food at good prices near whiteacres. I am off there end of october. food on site is OK but can be a bit pricey anyone help me out?
    cheers

Go to the Two Clomes just down road towards Newquay, the food is top class.

Dave

Comment

Thanx for that dave i will certainly give it a go. cheers.
      Any idea how the pools fish this time of year I have only ever been down in the warmer months.
      Do you know if there are any particular pools/baits I should target?
      cheers
      Jim

Comment

The 2 clomes has shut down but the chef has gone over the road to the Quintrel Downs. Theres a good pub that Andy Dare drinks in. Cant think of the name but if you go as if your going to Morrisons, past Mcdonalds about 300 yrds on the left just set back from the main road is a cracking pub. Cheap drinks before 6pm and good food.

Comment

your only 5 miles from newquay plenty of choice there for you.

Comment

if you go nowhere else make sure you try the central in newquay,its on the main street 50 yds from the bus station-which you can get staight from outside whiteacres,dont bother with taxis check the bus times,they do a big steak that you comes on a hot volcanic lava stone and you cook it yourself -its the best steak i have had in many a moon,its 2 for £25 with a free bottle of wine ,oh BTW if you opt for this option dont wear a white shirt the hot plate is that hot it spits the juices all over you,it looks like you have been pebble dashed.

also there is the plume of feathers at mitchell - go straight across the road facing whiteacres and under the railway -take every right fork you come across on this road and straight across at the main junction turn right as you reach the T juntion in mitchell and the plume is on the left-this is a decent restaurant but they do 2 for 1 on wednesdays.

if you want the cheapest option there is a J D Wetherspoons in newquay -cheap food even cheaper beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Frisky Fish View Post
              The 2 clomes has shut down but the chef has gone over the road to the Quintrel Downs. Theres a good pub that Andy Dare drinks in. Cant think of the name but if you go as if your going to Morrisons, past Mcdonalds about 300 yrds on the left just set back from the main road is a cracking pub. Cheap drinks before 6pm and good food.
              there is a pub at the roundabout where you turn for morrisons/mcdonalds called the kings head, or if you go past mcdonalds about 1/2mile or so there is one just off the main road called the treninnick tavern -is it one of those ?
              never been in either so those could be ones for us to try -but we dont like the quintrel inn -its hit or miss -and you have surprised me by saying its the chef from the two colmes because its not a patch on how that used to be.

Comment

Yes I went in for fish and it was OK but nothing special like the 2 Clomes used to be. My Mrs and Nephew had steak pie and chips and they thought it was great, the jury is out on that one for me. I like a good fish restaurant but don't know where to go now The Treninnick Tavern is the place where Andy Dare drinks

Comment

Working...
                X