Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Strong hooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strong hooks

Decided to straighten a couple of hooks on decent fish today, what is the strongest match hook you can get?

i think the fox range takes some beating

Comment

Tubertini 861's are very strong superb hooks. A lot of people also rate fox series 2's aswell as very strong.
      Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Can't fault the gamma powers. Never let me down

Comment

It was a fox series 2 and a drennan carp match that went on solid 16!

Comment

Fox Series 2 hooks.
            BROOKSIDE ANGLERS BAGGING MACHINE.

[url]www.River-Rods.com[/url]

Comment

Probably foul hookers on a bony part of the fish. If only half the point goes in then pressure on the hook gape is applied from a slightly different angle with the hook wanting to tip/open out.
              MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

just use something forged rather than wire, they'll snap before they bend.
                i'm not lazy, just energy efficient.

Comment

tubertini 861 s

Comment

Got to be the kamasan extra strong, a little out of favour now days,but they really are superb, we use size 20s tied to 4lb clarkes match line, on stick float on the trent with bronze maggots and land barbel over 7lb in the fast swims.you can buy them either barbed or barbless,eyed or spade end.never ever been let down

Comment

I use Kamasan B911s never had one straighten out al sizes 18s,16,14,s.I,ve had carp to 20lb on the 12s i dont use anything else.

Comment

Ive had the B911's straightened loads of times. When this happens I switch to Animal hooks or the Guru ones, not the circle hooks the other ones. Still got loads of confidence in the B911's though they are a good hook

Comment

Working...
                        X