Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Canals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canals

I am after some advice about canals. Unfortuately i am not blessed with living near a great canal. The nearest 1 to me is the wey navigation in byfleet. Bored of commercials so plan to vist it this weekend for the first time. Can any1 give me a few tips to start with. No idea whats in there. i no this is a sht in the dark but anything will help.

The Wey navi flows a bit if I remember, so fish should be encouraged to swim and feed a bit! Will it be carrying water? When I fish the Soar Navi, its 4x12 / 4x14, slim body floats on .10 main line to ..07 bottoms, if it is carrying water use a .5 or .7gram flat float, same rig set up.
    Feed wise its a couple of tangerines of fine GB, your choice, add leam its flowing. Alternatively, use Punch crumb or Liccy
    Bait wise its halfs of squatt , pinkie, big maggot, hemp and some worm, bread if your using it.
    Keep busy, even if you only feed 4/5 squatts just keep popping em in, the fish will come
    I hope this gives you a start, cheers...Mark
    Last edited by silver fish; 4 October 2010, 11:04 PM. Reason: spelling
    Can't catch enough.....

Comment

You also have the Basingstoke canal on your doorstep, both are cracking venues on their day. Don't go expecting huge bags of fish, but you will certainly have plenty of bites.

The Grand Union & Slough arm are not a million miles away either

Comment

cheers mark will take that on board. had a wonder down there today ands its pretty still. Been told in a local shop to fish caster or pinkie with a fine GB. thanks alot

Comment

Working...
        X