Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Do you fish!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you fish!

Im interested in what other people think with my question.

In our club theres a couple of guys who win most matches through the summer months, its either one or the other mostly.
    these 2 guys fish all the venues normally a few days before the match at most of the venues.

1 - Is this fair to other members like myself who cant fish prior to a match?
    2 - Does your club have a rule where venues cant be fished prior to a match?

I personally think it gives them an unfair advantage over others and gives them the upperhand, and would like to see a 2 week ban prior to a match but i may be being a little picky.
    ***** JohnBoy *****

club i was in stated you cudnt fish the venue before but they still did

Comment

Ronnie O' Sullivan didn't win numerous world titles by sitting on his backside. If someone is prepared to put in the practice, and they reap the rewards, fair play to them.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

to right luke as they say pracise makes perfect the more time you spend on the bank the more fish you put in your net

Comment

lol, fair do's but this is local club fishing and some of us dont have the fortunate bonus of time to go thru the week but thanks for the comment lol
          ***** JohnBoy *****

Comment

im afraid thats life thats club match fishing when you go on a varity of venues if you stuck to a few and had two matches on each then you'd get a better knowledge of the venues

Comment

It's not their fault you can't practice, i agree with Luke anyone who is willing to put in the time deserves to be winning. Sounds like abit of jealousy to me.

If your not competing then you need to improve your skills, you could try some coaching or try and gather as much info as you can about the places your going.

Comment

just want a fair and level playing field so others can compete, nothing to do with jelousy etc, i was asking a question please dont slate me for posting.
                ***** JohnBoy *****

Comment

fair question mate
                  our club has no ban,even if there was it would be almost impossible to police,
                  to be honest ive done a bit of practicing before matches (all in the interest of the club of course) and all i learn is the depth and where to park the car! nothing puts the fish off more than a load of hairy a****d anglers banging round a lake anyway,
                  the s know you know
                  brookside anglers EX- superstar

Comment

Originally posted by letsgofishing View Post
                    just want a fair and level playing field so others can compete, nothing to do with jelousy etc, i was asking a question please dont slate me for posting.
                    I'm not slating you mate just stating how it looks and to me it's looks how i said.

You will never get a level playing field, in any sport, people will always be at different levels. Them winning won't just be down to them getting a practice session in, it will be down to them being better anglers. One practice session doesn't make you a venue expert, in every club there are better anglers who will always win money. When you start to bring rules in that stops people from visting the venues beforehand IMHO it will cost you members.

Sorry if you was offended mate it wasn't my intenions but i've been on the recieving end of stupid rules before back when i was a junior and i left the club because of it.

Comment

in our club mate you cant fish the venue 7 days before the match,but you can go as many times you like before that. i suppose its how friendly your club is?
                      no one in our club (20 people) minds this rule we are all honest lads so it doesn't need policing. any way some of our lads go and walk the venues the week before
                      to see how the locals are doin it.

Comment

why would anyone restrict practices of a venue to be match fished some clubs have crazy rules
                        I have to go & lay down I'm going dizzy laughing
                        I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                        He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Strikes me that if you're going to ban 'practising' then you'd better ban 'ringing up the fishery owner and picking their brains'....lol

Comment

I'm still laughing.
                            I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                            He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Hi M8,
                              I am in a small club with 20 members we had the same problem with 2 guys winning nearly all the matches, it was not down to fishing the venues they are just better anglers who can adapt to situations better than the others guys.
                              The 2 guys mentioned spoke about what was happenening and decide to change things to make it a more enjoyable time for the other members, we now have team matches all the time with 2 sections, they have also given the others loads of help with thier own fishing and subsequently most of the other lads are catching more fish and they also have a 50-50 chance of going home with some money.
                              This has made even the worse guys fish all match as thier weight could be the difference between the teams.The 2 guys still win more matches but the banter at the weigh in is top notch.

Comment

Working...
                              X