Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

fishing the straight lead

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • fishing the straight lead

    Hi all was wondering if you had any advice on fishing the lead. what sort of length hooklength would you start at, is it worth trying baits such as meat when it cools off? Also how long would you leave the lead in place before recasting somewhere new if you are getting no indications. Thanks in advance
    Steve

  • #2
    a lot depends on venue, on comercials but i feel a good length to start with is 12" if missing bites go a bit shorter,no bites a bit longer,hair rigged meat will work all year round just vary the size,finding the right spot is the million dollar question i like to give it at least an hour while trying to build the swim,im no expert maybe someone will be along in a bit with more info
    brookside anglers EX- superstar

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by davebee View Post
      a lot depends on venue, on comercials but i feel a good length to start with is 12" if missing bites go a bit shorter,no bites a bit longer,hair rigged meat will work all year round just vary the size,finding the right spot is the million dollar question i like to give it at least an hour while trying to build the swim,im no expert maybe someone will be along in a bit with more info
      hi mate thanks. By building the swim are you feeding the bomb line? . Or do you mean you are building a pole swim for example and using the bomb while it settles. Cheers
      Steve

      Comment


      • #4
        forgot to say it is on commercials , mainly in the next few months as the temp starts dropping
        Cheers

        Comment


        • #5
          trying to build the bomb line steve,now its getting colder i would just feed little and often and see how it goes from there,i do have a knack for over feeding and ing up the swim lol
          brookside anglers EX- superstar

          Comment


          • #6
            when tackling up do your bomb rod first then chuck it out on the clip ,no hook length,and while your doing other stuff just watch your tip for liners
            [IMG]http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu272/PoleKillerphotos/dark_side_cookies.gif[/IMG]

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Pole Killer View Post
              when tackling up do your bomb rod first then chuck it out on the clip ,no hook length,and while your doing other stuff just watch your tip for liners
              cheers for that.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by davebee View Post
                trying to build the bomb line steve,now its getting colder i would just feed little and often and see how it goes from there,i do have a knack for over feeding and ing up the swim lol
                Yeah i know that feeling

                Comment


                • #9
                  Stevie.
                  Another god trick is when reeling in keep the rod low and reel slowly back. Watch the tip for liners whilst reeling in, it can sometimes give you an idea of where the fish are.
                  On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    How often would you cast out?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by droid View Post
                      How often would you cast out?
                      thats the one ? i think this is where watercraft comes in,im never sure when but before i reel in i like to give it a few turns and leave for a couple of mins just to set it again with a straight line
                      brookside anglers EX- superstar

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sometimes in winter it pays just to chuck the bomb and leave it alone for anything up to 30 minutes - unless of course its wrapped round before!
                        Simon Young
                        Admin
                        Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                        web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          When it is proper winter
                          Dont bring it in till you have a bite !!
                          Pointless reeling it in & chucking it back in same place !!!
                          you will be amazed just how many you can catch this way !!
                          Colin

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            thanks all some great advice.
                            Steve

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Aye.

                              Saved a bit of casting there, cheers lads.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X