Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

how to start my own fishing club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to start my own fishing club

after trying for months i have found it would be easier getting trials for man u than it is to get into a fishing club (they all have waiting lists as long as my ****) so i am thinking about starting my own.it would basically be made up of local anglers who are having the same problem,we would not have a club water,it would basically be me phoning pools to book a club match and hopefully getting the peg fees in advance to pay for the pool,is there anything else legal or otherwise that i would need to know before starting this,any advice or help would be great
    new pb 151lb 11/08/12 oak pool,cobhouse

sounds straight forward enough but i belive most venues have a minimum booking of 15 pegs (could be wrong?) sorting and collecting subs,drawing up a set of rules (youll need em) getting a venue for meetings to sort out meeting times etc.
    not trying to put you off mate good luck with it,but theres more to it than meets the eye,have you enquired about small match clubs in your area? local tackle shop would be a good place to start
    brookside anglers EX- superstar

Comment

see howmany are interested first a club of 20 to 25 is ideal as most commies are geared up with match pools with that amount of pegs decide if you are going to fish rivers and canals aswell as these can keep down the total cost for the year in subs
      a good set of scales and weigh net will be required

Comment

Originally posted by wiggley worm View Post
        see howmany are interested first a club of 20 to 25 is ideal as most commies are geared up with match pools with that amount of pegs decide if you are going to fish rivers and canals aswell as these can keep down the total cost for the year in subs
        a good set of scales and weigh net will be required
        good points mate forgot about them
        brookside anglers EX- superstar

Comment

if you dont want the hassel go into allens fishing tackle ask shaun or neil if any spaces are available in fitters ac

Comment

So the waiting list has 2 people on it then...???... lol..... in all fairness mate unless you have a hell of a lot of time on your hands to even start this up then good luck to ya, i was lucky enough to have a relitive get me in to a local club where there was a 23 place waiting list...tut tut tut i know but who cares.. lol, id go about it by getting a small group together who are serious about the same idea and build on it, i pretty sure it not something that can be done over-night get more heads involved and give it serious thought... the best of luck, keep us posted
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Hi mate

Iv'e been a match secretary and vice chairman now for my club for 8 seasons now.
              We have no waters ourselfs, we have 25 members on our books.
              What you would need to do 1st is set up a commitee, Chairman, vice chairman, match secretary, tresurer, match stewards, and a general commitee with have 6.
              Before you go in gun blazing, i would see who is interested, then get everyone to pay a membership, ours is £20 per season, which gives you guaranteed placing on a match, trophies at the end of the year, plus we run a league.
              Every Tuesday before a match we have a meeting round the chairmans house or it could be down the pub, to talk about numbers out on the match, were to meet, length of match.
              You will also need to set up an AGM 1st of all to decide on rules for the club, e.g do you go with your own rules to a club water or do you go on their rules, you also need to decide who will be the scalesman on the day, some clubs 1 person does it all year round other clubs take 2 set of scales and each end peg does the weighing in.
              Most waters i book for my club need a 50% deposit and i book the slightly better waters upto 1 year in advance, as good lakes are hard to come by on the spare of the moment.
              You need to decide how much pegging fees and pools are on the day we pay £20 some people say this is to much but a breakdown of this is £10 pegging fee, £8 pools and £2 section wins.
              We get between 8 - 15 out most matches, but people like to join other clubs aswell.
              If you need any help, give us a call on 07983 803 727 or email me on [email protected].
              I will try and help you out with any problems you face.

All The Best

Terry Swan
              Ealing Anglings Match Secretary

Comment

Working...
              X