• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davebee
    Talk Angling User
    TA 750+ Club
    • Jun 2010

any thoughts

been looking at the preston shuttle (its my age) bit put off by the price and a couple of posts regarding the stability of 2 wheels on uneven ground? im now looking at this Low Loader Trolley

what do you reckon?
    brookside anglers EX- superstar
  • 06_ryan_06
    Talk Angling User
    Double Ton
    • Jan 2008

just a heads up, preston gear seems to be poorly made at the moment so you may want to consider that into your thinking, the ultimate trolly is pritty good, but not the best for alot of gear, what you looking at putting on it?

Comment

• MarkT
      Talk Angling User
      Bagging Machine
      • Feb 2010

That Ultimate trolley is spot on mate, miles better than the shuttle. It was recommended to me and i was abit dubious about it but it's not let me down, so far!!

Comment

• davebee
        Talk Angling User
        TA 750+ Club
        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by 06_ryan_06 View Post
        just a heads up, preston gear seems to be poorly made at the moment so you may want to consider that into your thinking, the ultimate trolly is pritty good, but not the best for alot of gear, what you looking at putting on it?
        usual match stuff mate,small milo box,45 litre bag, pole and a few made up rods, you know i think it could do the job

Comment

• davebee
          Talk Angling User
          TA 750+ Club
          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by MarkT View Post
          That Ultimate trolley is spot on mate, miles better than the shuttle. It was recommended to me and i was abit dubious about it but it's not let me down, so far!!
          a little dubious about ultimate stuff myself,but i like the look of this barrow,how is the build quality?do you think it will last,mind you at that price i could stand the odd repair,thanks mate

Comment

• MarkT
            Talk Angling User
            Bagging Machine
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by davebee View Post
            a little dubious about ultimate stuff myself,but i like the look of this barrow,how is the build quality?do you think it will last,mind you at that price i could stand the odd repair,thanks mate
            It's build quality is good mate better than the Preston Shuttle which broke on me within the first 2 weeks of having it. 7 months with the ultimate and no problems.

Comment

• 06_ryan_06
              Talk Angling User
              Double Ton
              • Jan 2008

reason i asked what putting on it is that ultimate products are good but in my experience they arnt for heavy use, i see people loading there trollies up with there box 45l holdal, 2 rod holdalls, cooler bag, rollers, and they be very very heavy and be hard to move, the ultimate trolly would not last with this type of use, a box 45l holdal and rod holdall should be fine on it though.

Comment

• andrew65
                andy
                Talk Angling Behemoth
                • Oct 2009

fox trakta the only way to go!!!!

Comment

• trojan2000
                  Talk Angling User
                  Talk Angling Behemoth
                  • Dec 2009

get yourself a secondhand xxl penrose had mine for 5 years use it 3 times a week fully loaded and never let me down tyre is filled with anti puncture if u cant get penrose av a look at one made by rigger 07976350099 made in uk couple of mates useing them on rivers they r well strong and build quallity is excellent

Comment

• droid
                    Talk Angling User
                    TA 750+ Club
                    • Nov 2008

Ordered something from Penrose off efence a bit back. Got good service and the item was well made and robust.

Comment

• connor
                      www.castandhope.webs.com
                      Site Life Member
                      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by davebee View Post
                      been looking at the preston shuttle (its my age) bit put off by the price and a couple of posts regarding the stability of 2 wheels on uneven ground? im now looking at this Low Loader Trolley

what do you reckon?
                      Im still thinking about getting this.
                      it looks great for the money and has the rod holdall straps
                      [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
                      [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
                      [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
                      [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

• davebee
                        Talk Angling User
                        TA 750+ Club
                        • Jun 2010

i like the idea of the straps,with all the advice im even more not sure what to get !!

Comment

• drynetter
                          Talk Angling User
                          Double Ton
                          • Sep 2009

well pleased with my space shuttle load it up with seat box carryall rod bag with poles top kits etc 4 made up rods 2 keep nets 2 pole rollers bait etc etc(why do i carry so much) & its been fine over all sorts of ground
                          please let me draw a flyer

Comment

• dave wall
                            Drynet
                            Double Ton
                            • Mar 2007

Had mine 14 months had no problems with mine.
                            [url]http://www.miraclebaits.com/index.html[/url]

Comment

Working...
                            X