Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

cage feeder question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cage feeder question

No i have gone feeder mad... getting 2 new TF gear feeder rods
    TFG Compact Commercial Feeder Rods 10' - Feeder Rods Total Fishing Gear
    TFG Compact Commercial Feeder Rods 8' (4 quiver tips) - Feeder Rods Total Fishing Gear
    and a couple of reels
    TF Gear Classic Match / Feeder Reel - TFG Reels Total Fishing Gear

And now for a nice selection of cage feeders...... what should i be looking for in cages... wire/ plastic mesh.. large/ small size.. cheap/ or branded.. cost not really an issue but to be keps as cheap as possible...Cheers guys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You could try getting your wire mesh from Cadisch, I've ordered from them before and they've always been great. See the link below:

wire mesh

Comment

I'd get yourself a selection of cage feeders in different sizes and weights mate (drennan gripmesh or similar) and some preston flatbed methods and a method mould-this should cover you for most of your feeder work. I've just bought some micro cage feeders ny nisa-tiny little things with 12 or 20 gram weights,ideal for pellet or groundbait-but to be honest the drennan cage and preston method feeders should get you started nicely.
      Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Drennan gripmesh & Nick Larkins Nisa feeders are the ones to use as Paul says the tiny Nisa are brilliant & the gripmesh are superb with micro pellets
        John

Comment

You don't say where you are fishing. I would use metal for rivers and plastic mesh for lakes and commercials. Don't restrict yourself to mesh feeders though, you will need some normal plastic feeders for deeper water.

My preference are for Nisa Feeders but he is in my club and a personal friend :-)
          [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by waveneyone View Post
            , you will need some normal plastic feeders for deeper water.
            No, you will need cage feeders for deeper water, if you use plastic feeders in deep water all the groundbait will have come out long before it gets to the bottom.
            [URL="http://woodenfloats.blogspot.co.uk/"]http://woodenfloats.blogspot.co.uk/[/URL]

Comment

Don't like the gripmesh as bait will often stay in too well and not come out quick enough! I use the Drennan wire 1s in Mini or Small been the biggest I use. Also add an extra strip of lead but seen some on Ebay that look ok from BlueLinda!

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
                Don't like the gripmesh as bait will often stay in too well and not come out quick enough! I use the Drennan wire 1s in Mini or Small been the biggest I use. Also add an extra strip of lead but seen some on Ebay that look ok from BlueLinda!
                Perfect for liccy bread on the river,though nathan.
                Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Originally posted by paul k View Post
                  Perfect for liccy bread on the river,though nathan.
                  A What??????????

Comment

The gripmesh-ideal for liquidised bread on rivers for chub?
                    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott2728 View Post
                      No, you will need cage feeders for deeper water, if you use plastic feeders in deep water all the groundbait will have come out long before it gets to the bottom.
                      I obviously I didn't explain myself properly. I wasn't referring to plastic cage feeders as against metal cage feeders but normal plastic feeders with the odd hole in it. Sometimes solid plastic feeders with no holes at all that Nisa Feeders make. Having said that it depends upon what you call deep and how you mix your groundbait. on some commercials 6 foot is 'deep'! There are times when some groundbait coming out on the way down is just what you want. It all off loading at 2 foot in 25 foot isn't good though! I often use plastic cage feeders on the River Yare which pulls hard and is often 15 foot deep. It all depends upon how and what you mix.

Like Nathan, not a fan of gripmesh feeders in general for the same reason.
                      [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

Working...
                      X