Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

home made flavoured liquds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home made flavoured liquds

can any one help i am trying to make my home made flavours for bait whats the best thing for it

Hi Mate
    Get to your local supermarkets, and have a look on the shelfs, heres an example of baits you can pick up.
    Some people add syrups to their groundbait when fishing for bream but it must be watered down, this is due to bream liking sweat baits.
    Another one off the shelf that a few of my mates use in the winter is adding some vanilla essence to their maggots, or tumeric is another to add to your maggots.
    Garlic and chilly are a good additive for meat hemp.
    Also liquidized bread is good with a little custard powder in it.
    The list is endless, feel your way about its all trial and error.

All The Best

Terry

Comment

cheers

Comment

I have a boxful of different supermarket colours,flavours additives etc. Its good fun. Its a third of the price of tackleshops and more importantly they work.
        One that realy works well with corn and often overlooked is Soy sauce. Open and drain your can and then put half your tin into a plastic bag with a good dollop of dark brown rich soy sauce. Tie the bag and let soak overnight. In the morning you will have a lovely browny gold corn with loads of flavour. All fish love it.
        Large tin of pilchards in tomato sauce and the same size tin of hot water liquidised and then stiffened to your prefered consitency with instant mash powder nakes an awesome paste that I have never seen bettered.
        Garlic granuels in water. Cut your luncheon meat with a meat cutter and soak for a day or until the colour drops out of it in the garlic water.
        Works brilliantley for those places were they have bagged up on meat in the past but are a little shy of it now.
        The list is endless.
        Sugarpuffs make a cracking surface bait
        Liddls do a slab of madiera cake for 90p. Crumble it and mix it 50-50 with liquidised bread and it makes a great canal feed for fishing the punch. One slab of this cake used like this will freeze and last you for a good four sessions.
        Tight lines bud.

Comment

Working...
        X