Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

match league systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• match league systems

Hi guys can any of you that are club members who fish a league system tell me how yours works.

I think we have a slight floor in ours which hasn’t shown up until now.
    Just wondered if the way your club does it could put us on the right track.

your help would be appreciated as it is needed for our AGM which is in just over a months time.
    [SIZE="3"][COLOR="#2e8b57"][COLOR="lime"][SIZE="4"]Maver-Rich[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

NEW PB 108lb 2oz, 26/08/2012 Wyatt?s pool, Cobhouse Fishery
    106lb 4oz, 17/08/2011 Laugherne Island pool, Cobhouse Fishery

Most clubs ive been in use a points system that rewards the first 10 or 6 ie 1st in match = 10 points / 10th in match = 1 point & 1 point for weighing in if you dont get in the first 10. hope that makes sense! Phil.

Comment

20 anglers in match,1st 20 2nd 19 and so on those who didnt weigh no points but i was in a league which give anglers who turned up a point even if they didnt catch,not sure if it was right or not?also some clubs for example in a match with 20 anglers would score 1st 20 pts 2nd 18 pts 3rd 16 pts 4th 14 pts then 5th 13pts 6th 12pts and so on,just based on 20 anglers turning up,hope this helps

Comment

Thanks guys thats the sort of things i was after.
        [SIZE="3"][COLOR="#2e8b57"][COLOR="lime"][SIZE="4"]Maver-Rich[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Hi rich we have a league sytem which is run by our league co-ordinator mr Kevin Brown who frequents on here so he may add some more detail late.

But the way ours runs is:

10 pts for winner, 9 2nd, 8 3rd, 7 4th, 6 5th, 5 6th, 4 7th. and the rest all get 3 points if they weigh in, 2 points are awarded if you fish and DNW. after half way through the season you drop your worst two matches this covers any holidays and the llikes. Runs like clockwork and creates a lot of interest through out the season.
          Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
          ><((((?>
          .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

Thanks Billy we also drop two matches and thats where the problem has come up.
            At our agm last year one of the guys put in a proposal of the league system to add some season long interest, 1st 23pts, 2nd 22pts, 3rd 21pts and so on and so on. best 10 out of 12 matches. if you don’t turn up or dnw its nil pts. guy blanks 1st match and then scores well in the next 8 matches, comes the 10th match he catches 1 fish only but decides to throw it back and not weigh to get any pts, so therefore has another nil pointer, some in the club feel he was wrong to do so but we have no rule to say he couldn’t. Thing is he was not encouraged to weigh it it because of the points.
            I think it should be 1st = 1pt, 2nd = 2pts, 3rd = 3pts and so on. dnw being 23 pts as there are 23 in our club. Having it this way I feel would of got him to weigh the fish in. I also don’t agree with this drop two worst matches thing as it doesn’t encourage people to go to all the matches that the club have

Comment

Hi MR,

You really need to get a set of rules typed up so everyone knows were they stand. We have nver had this problem with all those below 7th place getting three points if they weigh in it makes everyone weigh in. Get some rules sorted for the next AGM and put it to the floor, the no shows cant complain and everyone gets a set of rules. You cannot please every one mate.
              Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
              ><((((?>
              .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

Maver-Rich
                For a league to work well you have to be able to create enough interest through out the season even if you find a few bad draws leaves you nearer to the wrong end of the table. The gap between first and last needs to be as close as possible so the gap doesn't become so large people give up. The point system described by Weldec gives everyone a better chance of keeping up with league leaders and creates a much tighter league system. The points system of 1pt 1st, 2pts 2nd, 3pts 3rd down to 23pts last etc is too severe on anyone who has a run of 3 or 4 bad results. You could find yourself 70-80 points behind the leaders after only 4-5 matches.
                Our league rewards a top 7 finish, 3 to anyone else who weighs-in, 2 for DNW and only 0 if they don't turn up.

Another option is to run a seperate mystery Pairs Champions based on total weight aggregate over the year. At the end of season pairs are drawn out of a hat and their weight aggregate added together. This means first and last place could be Pairs Champions but no one knows who your paired with. This would hopefully encourage all to weigh-in no matter how small the catch.

Another option is to split the league in two with promotion/relegation etc, a subject we have discussed and one Weldec may like to explain in more detail?

Best Wishes
                Kevin
                Last edited by Kevin Brown; 14 October 2010, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks Billy & Kevin for your input. I will discuss this with the other committee members and see if we can sort something out.
                  I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Comment

I think the only anglers to get nil points are the ones who don't turn up...after all, someone who blanks on a freezing day, should get more than someone who stays at home in the warm.

Comment

Good point keep them coming

Comment

Working...
                      X