Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

To Goretex or not to Goretex that is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Goretex or not to Goretex that is the question

Wanted to know how many of you guys out there have paid the extra for Goretex waterproofs and if you think it is money well spent (plus how much did they cost you?)
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

very happy with my preston drifish trousers and jacket, £110, was given some halkon hunt/sensas ones nearly new last year that we're too small for a mate and they we're honestly no better than the purchased preston's
    Sean Hanrahan

Comment

if u want the best there is only one material goretex.i have tried the lot over the years and nothing beats it u can get good goretex jackets in various designs from outdoor pursuit shops like go outdoors often at good discounted prices.its that good that halkon hunt used to offer a lifetime guarentee on there products

Comment

I've been useing Halcon Hunt Gortex for about 5 years still don't leak comfortable to wear and easy to clean and proof. Forget what I paid I know it wasn't cheap but it was a lot cheaper than buying the likes of Diawa, Sensas or Shimmano gortex and it's made to measure by the same people. Give Halcon Hunt a call and get them to send you their catalog and price list.

Comment

Protak for me.
          Totally waterproof and a fraction of the cost.
          On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

had the drifish for 2 years never ever let me down then 3weeks ago bought the goretex and they are the best by a mile

Comment

Just bought a halkon hunt goretex suit[second hand]for £30.Just needed cleaning.The bloke that sold its ill so packed up fishing.Got a product from ebay thats a proper goretex cleaner[just put in washing machine],and the suit looks great now.The product was just over £5 inc delivery.The original suit cost the guy £400 and the only thing i didnt get was a fleece jacket,but i got the fleece leggings.Well pleased.
              cornerstone.

Comment

Goretex is over-rated IMHO.

Over time, the pores block and the permeability to water vapour decreases. It also depends on the outer surface of the garment being hydrophilic so the water forms droplets....as soon as the outer material scuffs up and absorbs water, it forms an impermeable layer and that stops water vapour getting out too.

I don't bother with it nowadays.

Comment

had the dryfish and it let in water got dewalt gortex paid about £250 i think the jacket has a hood with wire peak and its fur lineed and zips and velcro,the legings are totally waterproof as well,i know a lot of anglers down south who have brought these and they are cheaper than paying for a diferant logo and great buy 100% waterproof in black only

Comment

droid what do you wear then mate?

Comment

goretex needs regular cleaning to enhance its properties its not advisable to leave screwed up in your carryall for long periods

Comment

preston stuff i had drifish 1000 it was ok but not totally waterproof some got the daiwa tourenment stuff and it great cost us 550 for the lot the jacket b n b and the winderproof fleece

Comment

Tackle tarts wear Gortex smart people wear Protak or Dewalt

Comment

had my gortex 12 month never been wet since i got it bought it direct from h/h to look similar to tournament jacket bib and brace and wind stopper fleece for about £430 i think best thing i bought for fishing used to have sundrige was always wet

Comment

Not long back from a very wet week in ireland,two mates both have 18 month old diawa gortex both got wet,water leaked in at the seams,i have protak and stayed bone dry.

Comment

Working...
                              X