Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

How accurate is your casting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How accurate is your casting

how accurate is your casting and what do you do to improve it ?

if there was one part of my fishing i would love to improve on it would be my casting!

i can put it in an area of say 4ft either way of were i want but when you watch the likes of des shipp and co they could get it in a bucket every cast.

how can you improve ?

That is the way i used to practice with Feeder ,chucking into a bucket soon managed to land in it everytime @ any distance.
    Suprisingly it is harder to chuck accurate short distances ,if poss always chuck underarm short.
    Practice makes perfect
    Colin

Comment

Ive just started to do that myself col i sat in my garden this morning trying to land a bomb in to a bucket ! got it in a couple of times ,but still need plenty more practice,how did you start with the bucket col long range or short.

Comment

Carl,

I have a 20 acre field and have a mound that I sit on, I then positioned 30 various sized buckets at various distances so it looks like a driving range. I then practice dropping it into each bucket in turn, my record is 47 buckets in a row but next time I get a day free I'm going to try and beat that!
        Simon Young
        Admin
        Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
        web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

1st started about 30 yards then 50yards & onwards
          the hardest was heavy leads @ about 15yards
          But could put it on a dinner plate @ any distance now
          Colin

Comment

the shorter the chuck the closer to the tip ring i cast from . works for me

Comment

up to 25yds underarm
              Colin

Comment

long chuck that pal under arm with 9ft rod am accurate at 16m over head

Comment

just what you are used too pal
                  Can do either,
                  When used to fish Lower Severn it was easier to chuck uderarm because of overhanging trees
                  Could chuck width of Severn below Worcester with Ease
                  Colin

Comment

Carl, practice, be that lots of hours in a few weeks or a lifetime of fishing once a month. chuck and recast if your not happy 4ft away from where you want to be.

Practice.

Comment

Ive watched alot of top anglers as well, I THINK alot of people see what they want to see!
                      Also ever tried catching a shoal of bream on a bucket at 100 yrds ???You know on one of those wind swept open bream waters like they always are.........................

However practice makes perfect lol but perfection is un natural and fish know that!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oneabung View Post
                        Carl,

I have a 20 acre field and have a mound that I sit on, I then positioned 30 various sized buckets at various distances so it looks like a driving range. I then practice dropping it into each bucket in turn, my record is 47 buckets in a row but next time I get a day free I'm going to try and beat that!
                        Wow 47 in a row i am impressed simon,i will have to put lots of practice in to beat thet.

Comment

When you can take a fag out of someones mouth at 40 yards you know youve got it licked. I use to use golf balls in a field at distance and my mrs would tell me how close i was with a float or feeder. That was before you could clip up lol
                          [URL]http://talkangling.co.uk/fishing/tackle-sale/61600-high-quality-chianti-style-handmade-pole-floats-0-2-0-7-a.html[/URL]

Comment

I could knock the ash of a benson & hedges from 35 yards in a gale force cross wind .
                            It's all about confidence, keep your eyes on the spot you want the feeder to land and lash it out there.
                            None of this girly lobbing. Fire the the bad boy out there with a bit of force, sweep the rod back to the 12 0clock or just back of position, sink the line wait for 30 seconds and reel the fish in.
                            Nothing easier.
                            On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew65 View Post
                              Ive watched alot of top anglers as well, I THINK alot of people see what they want to see!
                              Also ever tried catching a shoal of bream on a bucket at 100 yrds ???You know on one of those wind swept open bream waters like they always are.........................

However practice makes perfect lol but perfection is un natural and fish know that!!
                              Your quite right there. Was once told by one of the best bream anglers that ever fished, "that an area the size of a dinning table is about right".

P.S. Why do I get the feeling that two people submit your threads.
                              Whatever you do, someone will always say "they knew you would"....!. :(:(:(

Comment

Working...
                              X