Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

losing f1s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• losing f1s

lately all i seem to do is lose f1s now its maggot time so small hooks are needed i get them on play them to just under surface then they come off im using 4-6 hi viz middy elastic(purple one),a 20 808 and they keep coming off.what can i do to stop this
    its costing me match wins

Accept it, it will happen to other around you as well. Most likely because a lot of F1s are hooked just outside the mouth.
    The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
    Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
    Check out:
    www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
    log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

you tried threading the maggot right up the shank?????
      sort of like hooking a caster?????
      :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

Originally posted by breamgod View Post
        lately all i seem to do is lose f1s now its maggot time so small hooks are needed i get them on play them to just under surface then they come off im using 4-6 hi viz middy elastic(purple one),a 20 808 and they keep coming off.what can i do to stop this
        its costing me match wins
        you must have had a right nightmare if dreadlockcaster beat yer of the next peg sooty,, cos he's frickin useless!
        PMSL!!!!
        :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

yeap driving me crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Leaky Lloyd View Post
            you must have had a right nightmare if dreadlockcaster beat yer of the next peg sooty,, cos he's frickin useless!
            PMSL!!!!
            did he tell you his peg was 3ft mine was 7ft

Comment

here we go excuses excuses,, your beginning to sound like ian lee!!!

PMSL!

Comment

dont need excuses fished to the pegs potential deep water crap unless you can fish shallow those f1s wont go down in more than 4ft

Comment

you get em shallow today???
                  sean sez they wouldnt come shallow for him??

Comment

never had a bite shallow only got 5 f1s out lost about 15 all the other fish were ide swing them in on a top5 they dont need to go shallow from 16 up its only 3-4ft deep they would have had more but they all tried getting them shallow and ended feeding too much for deck fishing its so un even that pond unless p10 in nobody can compete with p12 when a decent angler who can chuck a tip in the same spot is on it
                    Last edited by Sutty; 20 October 2010, 08:16 PM. Reason: spellcheck

Comment

i read that hook in the loop is supposed to be good for f1's but i aint got a clue how to tie em and i know some that reckon its a bit of a gimmick too!

Comment

leaky have you seen these videos ???

YouTube - Giles Cochrane loop hook method
                        YouTube - AT Advanced - Giles Cochrane loop method
                        YouTube - Giles Cochrane loop hook method - AT Advanced

Comment

dont have much confidence with a knot close to the hook i dont know if light elastics are the way gives them too much time to shed the hook while pulling them up from the deeps

Comment

rob was losing a fair few the other week when we drew next to each other matey,,
                            he commented on how sound my set up looked afterwards
                            i hardly lost any to be honest ,0.11 to 0.09 powerline with preston 9h and a middy 63-13
                            seemed like a pretty sound set up for the day!!!

Comment

problem is these are bigger fish lb+

Comment

Working...
                              X