Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Fisheries around Manchester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fisheries around Manchester

hi

just getting back into the sport and could do with a heads up on some decent fisheries for bending the rod. looking for small carp, tench bream and roach/perch.
    looked into bradshaws near bolton but have been put off with what i've read on this site and a few others
    im free to drive from south manchester so all areas considered

please help as i dont want to start out on a stinker

cheers guys/girls

chris

Where in south manc are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

was baguley but just split up with the missus so back in stretford for the time being

Comment

Pardon my stupidity.

Place I fish ( gawsworth ) gets lots of lads from places further afield than stretford. I have fished it all summer, always see the carp, I'd say 7 times out of 10 I have bagged a double using paste on the pole, and never not caught a carp with paste on the pole, always crucians and bream to wade through. Bagged a nice roach a few weeks back, bet it was nearly 2lb.

It's not a dead easy place to fish, I see lots of people blanking, but it's a lovely set of pools out in the sticks.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

can you pm me more info on it mate and a link if possible?

whos next???

Comment

Hi Chris.
            i am from stockport.
            i travel to places like.
            brookside fishery, of junction 10 m56 on a49.
            greenwoods, just down the road from brookside on the left.
            alsager has some good fisherys.
            mear moor, walnut tree farm, home farm.
            then further afield m6 junction 27 parbold wigan.
            charity farm, orcherton, wrightington fishery, fir tree fishery.
            plenty of good fisherys if you want to travel up to 1 hour away.
            all the best steve.

Comment

Hi there Chris i live in Withington and if your stuck let me know. The nearest for you is prob Meadow View in lymm not far from the Damm. Plenty to go at there and 3 ponds also. Not sure what you have hered about Bradshaws mate but it isnt that bad trust me and you will deffo catch on number 4 all day. If you drive then the M6 south bound is where you go, Mere More, Oakhanger, Gorsty Hall, Cudmore, Heronbrook etc etc etc. Gawsworth which is in Macclesfield is ok but this time of year even the best will struggle unless you get there early and get on the Rhododendrons peg on Wall pool where you will bag Chub all day long with Cruicans and the odd Carp. Now Turners Pool is a JOY unless you cant find it which is also just through Macclesfield and is Carp a chuck now matter what time of year, they now have a site so luck it up.

Comment

Whats gawsworth and turners like this time of year when its getting a bit colder?

Comment

I fished gawsworth park pool last weekend or one before, and had a good day. Last day of the year for me, too cold for sitting on a box.
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

just getting back into it so just looking for a bend in the rod, tatics for gasworth? just buying some kit so could do wagg feeder or pole

Comment

I have never used a rod and line there myself, and only ever fish park pool. Nice steady 4-5ft all over, with lots of tench on mussels and prawns, but most of my fishing this year has been on soft paste over hemp and crushed liquidised hemp for the carp. I have them down the edge and at 9 metres.

If you fish pole don't be shy with the laccy rating, some of the better spots are quite tight to vegetation, I have been using red hydro to keep them out.
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

theres a few on your doorstep chris,
                        moss farm,irlam.- new fishery only opened in march,plenty of bites from silvers,small f1s saw a 5lb tench come out.
                        blundells,rixton.-popular match venue with 100lb plus weights.
                        dunham fisheries,lymm. not been for a bit, but nice little set up,plenty of bites if you get it right
                        brookside anglers EX- superstar

Comment

thanks to all who posted, still not decided where im off to though

Comment

Can anyone tell me how to get to Oakhanger?? Nowt on the 'net..... Im from Manchester area.

Comment

Bradshaws has a new owner and hes trying very hard to put the place right after the previous owner ran it in to the ground. Theres Partridge at Culcheth if you like plenty of small carp, F1 and ide fishing.

Comment

Working...
                              X