Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Thenice breakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thenice breakers

Got a winter league starting nov 7th,8matches through till end of march,question for you fine chaps is do i buy an ice breaker?or do i cobble something together myself,any ideas really appreciated,how much would i pay for a pukka job?
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

I'd just use your head, as you are clearly derranged anyway!

Breaking ice to fish! puddled!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Cheers Luke,i knew i could rely on you,love mt xxxx

Comment

Its a service I provide for free dude
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

i have a 2.5kg weight disc with a 2ft chain through the middle attach this to a nylon rope length up to you stake the rope to a bankstick in the ground and grab hold of chain chuck it in and use the chain to act like a saw cuts through ice like ligthening make sure you get all the ice out of the peg cause it will start to freeze up and youll be back to square one

Comment

does all this ice breaking not make a bit of a balls of the swim?
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

no mate quite the opposite colours the water up think about it what do they do when they bloodworm fish

Comment

i think if they sold ice breakers comercially, they would come with a free straight jacket and a 1 way ticket to the funny farm!!!!
                ice breakers?????
                come of it!!!!

PMSL!
                :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

You lot must have balls of steel.

I think it's time for an avatar change, the dog isn't up to it!
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Nowt better than breaking ice to fish warms you up for the day. Ive got a piece of chain attached to a 20mtr rope i carry 1 to 5kg weights and can change them depending on ice thickness, cut down each side then smash across the back hopefully youve left a big chunk of ice in the middle this is were my old pole comes in. Put the end cap on the but end lay it out on the bank at full length the wrong way round push the ice with the capped butt end and dont stop pushing until youve pushed the sheet under the sheet behind simples clean peg and no ice to clear with the net.
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]" MY HANDMADE FLOAT SHOP "[/COLOR]
                    [COLOR="Black"][/COLOR][url]www.sackup-floats.co.uk[/url]

[COLOR="Red"]" SILICONE FLOAT TUBING NOW AVAILABLE CLEAR,STRONG BUT SOFT PM ME FOR DETAILS "[/COLOR]
                    [url]http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/tackle_sale/35000-float_silicone_tubing.html[/url]

Comment

usually when you break the ice youll wait a short while for a bite but once you get a bite youll get a few

Comment

try ice breaking on a canal sometime you lot have gone soft fishing commies with aerators

Comment

i wouldnt break ice on a commercial i would go to a place with roach and perch in cause these will feed all year round

Comment

Originally posted by Leaky Lloyd View Post
                            i think if they sold ice breakers comercially, they would come with a free straight jacket and a 1 way ticket to the funny farm!!!!
                            ice breakers?????
                            come of it!!!!

PMSL!
                            leaky,do you mean you wouldnt use an ice breaker,or you wouldnt buy one coz you make your own.anyway going to pilfer a set of my lads dumbells and have a go at making me own.Now then wheres me straight jacket

Comment

You could just save all the aggro and say they have nice eyes, or pass comment on the weather.....
                              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                              X