Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

The Dreaded Mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dreaded Mouse

Just been to get gear ready for tomorrow, top of bait bags been attacked by the Dreaded Mouse. Do i use Dynamite, which will damage Shed a bit, or go for the throat. Sod the humane way, they are costing me to much Dosh. Please advise

Ihad same prob. I kep all my bags of pellets and groundbait in plastic tubs with sealed lids now.

Comment

dont give em anything to eat and they'll soon off, failing that, use a good old fashioned mouse trap baited with peanut butter.
      i'm not lazy, just energy efficient.

Comment

or mars bar.
        MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

napalm could be quite good fun
          failing that buy some of them big plastic storage boxes from pound shop and store pellets etc in em
          heaven wont have me
          and hells afraid i'll take over

Comment

Friends advised me to use humane traps as he does. He then uses the live mice for piking, putting them on a treble he reckons, is just revenge for any damage done to tackle etc.

Comment

Originally posted by railmad View Post
              Friends advised me to use humane traps as he does. He then uses the live mice for piking, putting them on a treble he reckons, is just revenge for any damage done to tackle etc.
              No wonder the anti's give us some stick. That is crazy and downright cruel.
              On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

You could try a cat !

Comment

Alternatively,contact DNW & Kev Bell from TA Eastern Region. Just ask them to stand in your garage for an hour and talk to the mice, i can guarantee that ALL the mice will lose the will to live and die of boredom.

It seems to work well on Humans.

Comment

Originally posted by rjays View Post
                    You could try a cat !
                    What size Trebles do you use for a CAT ???
                    Colin

Comment

Some of the 'crack' shots on here could take them out from 50yds with a 35g method feeder.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

catch the mouse live then find someone with a pet snake then watch the snake squeeze it to death

Comment

Jesus god ! All Creatures Great and Small's got nothing on you lot.
                          On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

I had a problem the other week when I put my hand in my carryall and a mouse jumped out the other end!

I have kept all my pellets and groundbait in used plastic milk bottles. Not having anything to eat doesn't seem to worry them too much!

Now they just eat keepnets, waders, landing nets, the wire on my thermometer that I use for taking the water temperature and the braid on my colourometer, even the foamy bits of the pole rollers and the seal around my bait fridge. I put poison down about 2 weeks ago but they won't eat that. However a chocolate button on a trap seems to work. Since last week I have had 2 mice but one got away with the choccy button!

I will get them all in the end so if any them are reading this - BE WARNED AND MOVE OUT!
                            [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

use chocolate with some caramel in ie mars bar so it sticks to spike on trap not so easy to escape with
                              also poison chocolate so if the blighters get away with it........
                              heaven wont have me
                              and hells afraid i'll take over

Comment

Working...
                              X