Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Atomospheric pressure drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atomospheric pressure drop

getting back into the sport and am hoping to put a bend in the rod this week but ive noticed a massive pressure drop from weds night till at least tues

will this effect the fishing as if i remember right they will turn off the feed?

have i mis-remembered?

All this year I have fished in all weathers, getting better or worse, and can't say I noticed a great deal of difference. ATP ranges from 950-1050? millibar. In 'weight', using 1000mb as a standard, this is the difference between 9.5Ton of atmosphere or 10.5Ton being applied to the water. And water cannot techinally be compressed. What happens is the atmospheric downforce has an effect on the water density ( at a molecular level, it's that small ) , and the fish pick up on this to some extent if the yarns are to be believed.

My personal opinion is that ATP rises or falls affecting fishing are a load of boswellox, just carry on as you were.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

going out on thursday and friday regardless now, been looking through the new kit and id be out now if I could

Found this on the subject though
      Weather air pressure effects on carp feeding behaviour

Comment

Originally posted by luke carpstalker View Post
        All this year I have fished in all weathers, getting better or worse, and can't say I noticed a great deal of difference. ATP ranges from 950-1050? millibar. In 'weight', using 1000mb as a standard, this is the difference between 9.5Ton of atmosphere or 10.5Ton being applied to the water. And water cannot techinally be compressed. What happens is the atmospheric downforce has an effect on the water density ( at a molecular level, it's that small ) , and the fish pick up on this to some extent if the yarns are to be believed.

My personal opinion is that ATP rises or falls affecting fishing are a load of boswellox, just carry on as you were.
        Succint and straight to the point as usual Luke.
        On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

pressure drops have no effect,big rises do for upto 24 hrs

Comment

Originally posted by FORDY-1 View Post
            pressure drops have no effect,big rises do for upto 24 hrs
            if any1 knows, fordy does...... he's a god!

Comment

Some one once told me he was a Count
              Colin

Comment

Theres an old saying "wind in the east,fish bite least" or words to that effect.Easterly winds are associated with high pressure weather systems,and during the years i spent beach fishing,easterly winds were the kiss of death.
                Whats a commercial fishery ?

Comment

theres another old saying northern boys are tight ha ha ha

Comment

Cheers for all the posts back lads, going out tomorrow he'll or high water was more of the method of approach.
                    P.s what do you southern boys know about drops in pressure in your temperate climate down there lol

Comment

Working...
                    X