Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Idea for a pole gadget, but probably useless.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for a pole gadget, but probably useless.

I am totally useless with a catapult even with 2 hands free, how these pole fisherman do it accurately while holding the pole is beyond me. I'm sure it's not just me that is sken-eyed with a catty.

How about a gadget, just a modified catapult really that could be clipped onto the section you were holding, just infront of where you are gripping. You could then rest the pole under your right elbow ( assuming your are RH ) and fill the pouch and fire out with your left hand.

As long as the pouch was pulled back centrally to the pole, it would fire true ( you could adjust for wind if needed ) , and you could even have a little tipp-ex mark on the pole for distance?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Want to borrow one of my scopes, you could dial the distance in. couldnt resist.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Joking apart, a scope tube type mount was what I was minded of for clamping it to the pole.

I could even fit a butler-creek cap to the pouch
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I've got a gadget at home called a pole cat,I bought it years ago and used to use it when I was younger-it's basically a single handed catapult that you set the elastic on so it fires exactly the same distance everytime. Quite effective-you load it one handed too. Bob nudd used to endorse them. I'll try and find it and you can have it,luke-ain't used it for probably 15 years so the laccy would need replacing. You hang it on your side tray with a hook to fill it.
        Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
        Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Sounds nifty, nice one!
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

yeh, i had one of those, i remember the master caster, the flick tip flicker endorsing them too!

they are still selling them at fishing shows these days, a decent idea - but really noisy and i must say, pretty annoying as a result.
            To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

Luke.
              When you come out of hibernation i will meet up with you and see what you are doing wrong.
              Could be a number of things, using a catty is pretty easy when you get a few basics right.
              On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Thanks for the offer Spadger, but my dad says I'm not allowed to go fishing with scousers
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Hi Luke, get in touch with, "ez feeda" on 07941 111819 speak to Barry, this is a company that make a variety of one handed Monopults with available spares! every Davis Angling show that i have been to (Thorpe Park) and now at Farnborough, these Monopults have been demonstrated, i have one myself, they are great for bait delivery, their Website is EZ Feeda - for great bait delivery! or they are available from some Tackle shops, Bob Nudd still promotes them ! watch his video on the website, i hope this info is of use to you. Tony W. (aardvark)

Comment

As you say Bob Nudd promotes them....but....apart from a promotional video ....Have you ever seen him using one??

Comment

Cheers aardvark, for 12 quid thats not bad, but I'd still probably make a balls of it.

I cobbled this up this aft from some general tat I had in the garage, i.e, the male section of a 110V site plug and some superglue, and my old drennan catty with the handle mitre cut and set to 90 degrees. There is a slot in the underside that lets it open up so it will fit either of my first 3 sections.

Shame I'll have to wait 5 months to test it!

IMG_0348.jpg
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Iv'e seen some daft things angling related in my life but that one leaves me speechless.

Your dads right about scousers by the way.
                        On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

to rjays, i know bob personally.and seen him fish quite a few times, but i cant say that i have seen him use one,

Comment

LOL....a speechless scouser...I'm...speechless!

You have to try these things, I'll reinforce it a bit, would be a shame if it snapped mid pull and took my eye out.
                            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

" use the force luke "

Comment

Working...
                              X