Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Matchman hook tyre help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matchman hook tyre help?

Gents

I can tie my hooks fine good knot strength but the line kinks in the inch or so above the hook. I ve tryed spit and also trying to pull the knot tight gently, but no joy.

Help please lads!!!

How many times are you going around the hook m8, i personally dont do them tight but let them tighten up as you pull never get the kinks m8.(try being a little lighter with the turns) Other option is to get a pro hook tier, people slag them but trust me no matter dia of line perfect every time.
    Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

As Rich said the only thing you are doing wrong is wrappping line around hook too tight
      8 to 10 turns depending on hook size
      Colin

Comment

I personally never use more than 5 turns.....as said previously you may be wrapping the line too tightly.....also may be the line you are using, as there are plenty that "kink" during knot tying....I use Garbo-line and never have this problem

Comment

Lads

Thanks for the replies, I think it was a combination of turns being to tight and practicing on cheapo line. Preston power line a bit of spit and bobs your uncle .

Comment

Working...
          X