Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

very disappointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very disappointed

i am very disappointed with a no. of bait company's that i have written to regarding sponsorship. they haven't even bothered to reply it has been the best part of three weeks now. not happy they could at least have the decency to say no sorry.

sorry i don't usually complain.

have updated blog and website ; www.fishingsos.yolasite.com

dominic garside

Dominic,agreed,perhaps they should of replied,but sponsership doesnt just drop in your lap,it has to earnt,keep doing your best in the matches that you fish and one of the bait/tackle companys may take notice,good luck...
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Dominic,I should imagine the bait companies get dozens of similar letters every week. As mt says,keep plugging away-get yourself noticed and win some big matches and the bait companies will be beating a path to your door. If I was you,I'd send minnowmaster (dan) a pm-he's sponsored by spro/cralusso,and ask how he went about getting sponsorship. You have to work really hard for things in life mate,so keep plugging away. Good luck ;-)
      Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Alot of the time it'll come down to who you know not what you know at the end of the day. But agreed you have got to do something a bit more than just writing them a letter, like has been said already they probaby get loads of em.

Comment

Depends what type of sponsorship you want.....Until you win a few big matches the chances will be zero...however if its just a few quid off your bait/tackle bill..(or pence if you just buy a pint of pellets) you may get more of a response....Don't forget they are a business and wont give anything away for nothing....A few pence of a pint of maggots keeps them in profit and encourages you to continue to use them..everybody's happy....however if its free bait or massive discount you want then the only way for the shop to benefit is for you to provide advertising for them...and one of the best ways to do that is to get your name in the papers regularly....(for fishing related stories only!!).....good luck

Comment

Dom, send me a copy of the letter you wrote and let's see if we can move it forward...
            The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
            Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
            Check out:
            www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
            log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by stevelockett View Post
              Dom, send me a copy of the letter you wrote and let's see if we can move it forward...
              Then can you help me aswell please!

Comment

Do you want some bait Nath? I can let you have half a pint of casters left over from last week! lol

Check out:

Comment

Yes please as long as you pay postage!? Thanks! I will gladly take all left over maggots and casters off anyone, thanks.

Comment

It will be expensive to post half a pint with the new sizing regulations, I'll have to send them one at a time...

Check out:

Comment

I'd forget about sponsorship of any kind for another ten years and concentrate on your fishing.
                      MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
                        Then can you help me aswell please!
                        LOL! there you go!

Dear Bait company,

I'm dead good at fishing, me, and have caught lots.

Can I have some bait please?

Ta,

LC
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

I guess this is todays attitude, ask for free gear and complain when you hear nothing. Maybe not fishing but I did another sport for 32 years, top 10 in the UK for most of them, international representation at events like World Champs, inc medalling at them, plus same for European Champs, plus twice at even bigger level ones, and guess what it was only my last 5 years that I received anything at all. In 1993 I took silver at the world champs, wearing a GB tracksuit and that year alone cost my family £32k with training camps and competitions.

So I'm sorry to say, get real, don't ask for free gear, EARN it!!
                          Baits designed and proven to catch fish, not anglers

[URL]http://www.miraclebaits.com/[/URL]

Comment

i guess you did shooting shooter550 ??

Comment

The perfect life? find out what you enjoy doing most and then get someone to pay you for doing it.
                              Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Working...
                              X