Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice

could some kind person tell me how to set up a unloaded pellet waggler & maybe
    put a picture/diagram of how they do it
    cheers fil

Thread float on line, tie a 3 inch loop, lassoo a small snap swivel or just clip part onto that, Put 1 SSG touching it, over doubled up line, float touching that and another SSG, 2 or 3 above, all touching and with splits lined up. Then attach varying lengths of hooklength to swivel clip.

Comment

There are lots of different ways to do it, some of which would require a te minute film to show you properly!
      For me, it is: put the float into a rubber quick change adaptor, slide it onto the line. Tie a loop in the end of the line for the hooklength, lock the float with as few bulk shot as needed. In short, exactly the same as any other waggler but with no droppers.
      You don't need loops, short pieces of stronger line, special weighted adaptors or anything like that if you are using sensible main line. I use 0.22mm, 6lb, Ultima Power Plus and have never cracked off or been worried about moving shot and float on the line. My way, you can try different depths very quickly with only one rod.
      Simple, effective.

If you want to see a set up using a weighted adaptor, look at this: YouTube - Pellet Waggler.mov
      The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
      Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
      Check out:
      www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
      log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

Trouble is Steve you will need a heavier float and will not have as good presentation in wind than if you used 3 or 4lb line like I use.

Comment

(In a Harry Hill stylee) Now.. i like the idea of the loops and the doubled up line yet i also like the idea of the straight forward float adaptor.. which one do i choose? theres only one way to find out FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT !!!!!

I use standard pellet float adaptor and bulk shot.. but then again i hardly use the pellet waggler as not had any need to yet so i cant say if it works.. pointless response really hahahaha
          for all your carp fishing in the North West visit [url]www.northwestcarp.co.uk/forums[/url] :)

Comment

Nath don't you find it tangles more with more shot above the float than below? I have had this way recomended to me but when I tryed it I just got tangled

Comment

Not really and it casts better.

Comment

i use the steve mayo connectors no need for bulk shot ,and i make my own waggle rs to suit the weights ie 5 and 6 gramme if i need one heavier than that i will use a loaded one up to ten gramme
                nige cooke

Comment

if using the steve mayo attachment in 4 ssg doyou use the drennan float stops on one side?? is this a problem as them stops dont lock solid
                  cheers fil

Comment

I really wouldn't use them, very expensive, you need a shot 1 side that WILL damage the line!

Comment

the shot would be on the double line surley & a float stop on the other side of the float
                      cheers fil

Comment

wont damage the line i have been using since they first came out and never had any problems ,i put a piece of silicone on my line and a shot on top of that
                        nige cooke

Comment

Well, if it was over the doubled line it'd be ok but you still wouldn't be able to change depth, so why use 1? I have sometimes used shot over silicone but it can easily come off. Have you not had that problem Cookie? And, again, they are so expensive! and in my opinion, not as good.

Comment

they are expensive nathan but these are ball joints and i get them from a mate and they cost me nowt
                            nige cooke

Comment

What about shot coming off silicone?

Comment

Working...
                              X