Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Old Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Timer

Fishing Brookfields yesterday morn, heard a shuffle coming along the bank, twas an old lad named Jack Lockley . He's 82 and deaf as a post bless him. Got his rods set up ,he ambled along for a chat,seeing as i was the only other person prepared(much to the wifes disbelief ) to sit at a frosted peg. He told me a story that stunned me , what happened to him last week.He fishes different pegs and fishes the pool three times a week, The peg he chose on this day was strange to him, he was struggling to push his rod rest into the bottom by the peg, when all of a sudden he found a soft spot. The rest duly obliged and sunk two foot, catching him unaware he lost his balance and went head first into the Lake !!! He came up for air, totally submerged, he dragged himself out, squelched to the car, drove home, got changed and returned to continue his stint. I asked him if he was ok and did,nt his wife go mad at his accident,to which he replied Half past Eight?and toddled of to his peg . 82, incredible. I could'nt fish for the tears in my eyes from laughing, I hope i am as hardy when i reach that tender age.

Lol! Sounds like a proper tough old boy!that's why we won two world wars! They don't make them like that any more,eh? Great story,mate ;-)
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Didnt the help from the USA have anything to do with that?

Mind u i love people who at what ever age are still living!Really living..

Comment

[QUOTE=andrew65;230301]Didnt the help from the USA have anything to do with that?

Yawn!
        Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
        Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Yes I'm with you Paul!

When I was young the junior section of our club was run by a guy called Eddie Batley and he must have been in his 70's - he fished every day of the week as far as I know and put tons into keeping the youngsters fishing and enjoying it. Shame there are not more like him.
          Simon Young
          Admin
          Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
          web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

[QUOTE=andrew65;230301]Didnt the help from the USA have anything to do with that?

You just knew it.!.....Zzzzzzzzzzzz
            Whatever you do, someone will always say "they knew you would"....!. :(:(:(

Comment

Working...
            X