Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Clear water - flood related?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear water - flood related?

Does anyone else on here think that the flooding over the summer has caused the rivers and canals to become exceptionally clear this autumn? My thoughts are that with all the extreme amounts of flood water rushing through the rivers it has washed all the silt away meaning the water has gone gin clear at the first sign of cold weather.

Our canals round here have suffered greatly (Near Doncaster) - fish have sholed up and its making some venues a right lottery - anyone else found the floods have affected venues near you?
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Very possible , I fished a match on the warwickshire avon on saturday and was very clear , and as you said only small pockets of fish showing on a normaly very fair venue, not sure if it has anything to do with the lack of silt asthe erosion of the bank being caused by the flooding will have to be deposited somewear. as for the canals a once prolific venue in miworth has fished terrible this year with very few roach being caught the water is and has always been very clear but the fish dont want to feed. Would love to know the Awnsers
    I want an end peg

Comment

where on the Avon was you jay i fished on the manor farm stretch and we struggled for a few bits and as you said the river was gin clear

Comment

Looks like another stab in the heart for the canals and rivers! I wonder if there have been any significant losses of fish from venues which were flooded or is it the case that fish naturally make their way back to the watercourse from which they came?
        Simon Young
        Admin
        Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
        web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

i fished the stirrup cup (minworth ) on sunday no shortage of roach .rudd gudgeon.perch i had 70 odd fish and was plagued by a Pike which i had on for sometime,,,, guy next to me had 130 fish for 6.15.15 nothing wrong with canals they are full of fish
          In darkness we do what we can
          In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

I was at Barford above the wier 17 pound won the match with chub 15 pound was second with carp the best wieghts of small fish was 7 pound odd i was 5th in my section of 12 with 2 pound 5 oz and 4 anglers in my section didnt break a pound , I dont think that there is a lack of fish its just the conditions as for stirup cup what won the match and did the 6,15 frame
            I want an end peg

Comment

Working...
            X