Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Cold snap on the way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold snap on the way!

For those of you that werent already aware - just been on the MET Office weather forecast for the Midlands and found the following-

0 degrees tonight
    -1 Wednesday night
    -2 Thursday night
    -5 Friday night
    -1 Saturday night with a chance of snow!

Get the ice breakers out lads!!!!!!
    To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Ooh,it's like the south of france down here,boys! Sat here in my shorts and flip flops! ;-)
    Time for the chub gear to get a bit of use,just been to sainsbury's to get the ingredients for my cheese paste! Now,where's my rubber gloves?!
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Lol! ;-)
      To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

Might give the old pike fishing a pop then.
        Makes a lovely change from match fishing puddles.
        On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by paul k View Post
          Ooh,it's like the south of france down here,boys! Sat here in my shorts and flip flops! ;-)
          Time for the chub gear to get a bit of use,just been to sainsbury's to get the ingredients for my cheese paste! Now,where's my rubber gloves?!
          Hey we dont want to see you on the bank just wearing your flip flops paul, you will be putting us tackle tarts off, we are there to fish you know lol

But going back to the cold snap last year during the big freeze we went to oxford lakes and in the morning our lines were frozen solid and we couldnt release them the ice must have been a good couple inches thick overnight. so we had to cut the lines, but then i started to worry about when they thawed and the line getting tangled around a duck or a carp!! its not good for your conciounse ( spelt wrong), so in the end we tied the line to a tree and marked it and had to tell the bailliff so he could come take the line in when there was a bit of a thaw.
          "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a net.

Comment

Very considerate but why didn't you smash the ice up by swimming about a bit? Said you like cold showers!

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
              Very considerate but why didn't you smash the ice up by swimming about a bit? Said you like cold showers!
              I didnt have my camouflage bikini with me nathan - my admin was poor that day lol
              "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a net.

Comment

hmm, might be ideal to test out my new thermal suit!
                i'm not lazy, just energy efficient.

Comment

Ee by eck, it's a tadj chilly this morning. Had to snap me dog off a lampost.
                  I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

Comment

Lol! Was gonna do a couple of hours down the river with the chub gear tonight,but I've just been out for a smoke and it is PROPER cold! I'm a celebrity it is then! ;-)
                    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Saw a post last night about 6.45 cant remember where ,but chap said he had took his dogs for a walk along Horden beach bank ? ,peterlee i think ?
                      anyway he said that flakes were big but it was wet and not settling then,oh and the dozen or so lads fishing from the beach were in for it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Er where was the sun ,bucket and spade ,think they need their bumps feeling lol
                      everyone to his/her own i suppose

Comment

That's dedication for you,eh?
                        Alwight tweacle?

Comment

lol is that what its called ?
                          Last edited by herbert the turbut; 25 November 2010, 07:16 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

Comment

Working...
                          X