Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

bread punch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bread punch

Sometimes my bread punch drops off when I am shipping out, I have tried fresh bread and stale bread to no avail, is there something else I should do to make the bread firmer to stay on the hook ?
    The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others

Fresh bread, into polythene bag,into microwave for a few seconds. It makes the bread a little doughier and stick on hook better. There are other ways!!
    John - Kingfisher
    Talk Angling Senior Member
    Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

I like to use the medium-sliced, seven-day-fresh (long life) bread for punch fishing because it’s very soft and doughy, make sure your using a good punch hook, Mustad Wide Gape Canal Seed hooks 20-22 are my favourite, and decent punches (brass Drennans my favourite).

To help keep your punch on the hook steam your bread slice over a kettle for 30-50 seconds, and then roll out the slice. As it enters the water it will swell to twice the size! Always keep slices individually in a small air tight bag.
      Last edited by polemaster; 21 October 2007, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I can see now where I have been going wrong

Comment

Cut crust off the bread slices and put in micro wave for no more than 30seconds,roll them flat and put in individual poly bags.If you want you can roll two slices on top of each other for bigger bait.

Comment

Hi Frank. Just a little more solid if you roll it out but cetainly sticks on the hook if in running water. I used my method on stillwater/canal!
            John - Kingfisher
            Talk Angling Senior Member
            Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Thanks all, will give all methods a try

Comment

Ive being told some people sprinkle flour on it before they roll it. Why i don't know. I plan to practise with this method this weekend. What ground bait do most use with bread punch?
                [URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/match_fishing_talk_angling_chat.html?nojs=1#goto_forumsearch"]A Brilliant little function[/URL]

Comment

Liquidised bread ,Dont feed to much its easy to overfeed.
                  I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                  He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Punch1

all you'll ever need to know abt punch fishing from the very best in the business.
                    [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

That's a good site David, thanks

Comment

Thank david thought I knew a bit about punch fishing, I;m a dumpling.
                        Just read the Mr Vincent article still learning thanks.

Jethro.
                        I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                        He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Originally posted by davidwhittington
                          Punch1

all you'll ever need to know abt punch fishing from the very best in the business.
                          Cheers lads
                          [URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/match_fishing_talk_angling_chat.html?nojs=1#goto_forumsearch"]A Brilliant little function[/URL]

Comment

If you knew about that site how come you cant fish the punch Dick
                            I want an end peg

Comment

How many articles have you read about chubbing Jeff? haha!

Besides, I can barely read!
                              [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                              X