Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

5m whip fishing float patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5m whip fishing float patterns

Hi Lads I wonder if anyone can suggest a few float patterns and sizes for 5m whip fishing on a canal about 2 to 3 foot deep for Rudd and Roach. Also at the same type of distance on a river about 5 to 6 foot deep. Any help much appreciated. All the best Mike.

Tubertini stix are a good all round whip float,mate.
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

lots of people use stillwater blues

Comment

drennan glow tip antennae - very similar to stillwater blues - with a better tip!

Comment

So the Turbentini ones are fished like conventional pole floats probably better when it is calmer and the Drennan ones fished waggler style, I take it they are better when there is a bit of wind about as you can sink a bit of line. What size floats would you recommend to start with on calm days or do you just try to see what you can swing out accurately to 5 M.
          All the best,
          Mike.

Comment

Personally at that depth id only use pencil stix shape floats, the Tubertini are prob the best, but Browning/maver and preston also do very good versions..

2-3ft id be looking to use a 4x8 maybe a 4x10, and string the shotting ( number 11's ) out so you can catch on the drop..
            Effort = Reward.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice Mike.

Comment

Ive sent you a pm with a pic of my whip floats--they look crude but they work brilliantly
                Bike racing, match angling pensioner.

Comment

Thanks Daskin much appreciated.
                  Mike.

Comment

check these out should find wot ur looking for here Home

Comment

Originally posted by daskin View Post
                      Ive sent you a pm with a pic of my whip floats--they look crude but they work brilliantly
                      Please can you send me a pic of them as well?
                      [URL="http://woodenfloats.blogspot.co.uk/"]http://woodenfloats.blogspot.co.uk/[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                      X