Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

UK Pole limit of 14.5M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Pole limit of 14.5M

Would anyone on here support a limit on pole length of 14.5M across the whole country - it would make things fairer for all.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Too late to enforce a national limit in my opinion. I'm not sure that it makes things fairer for everyone either because you will still have anglers with different budgets competing against each other.
    MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Since 98 health issues have prevented from fishing more than 10mtr comfortably, but I don't think it would be fare for me to support a 14mtr limit as far as Im concerned we should allow anglers to fish any legth they please, they only do it to catch a few sometimes alot so what.
      I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
      He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

I think it wouldn't make a lot of difference to the outcome , the better anglers will always do the best on a level field . If you put an average angler on a feature peg at say 16mts he's a good chance of winning if he's got the kit , make the limit say 13 mts and the better angler will fish the bomb/wagg were the average kid cant . Don't think cost is an issue , 16 mts can be got relatively cheap. Whats everyone else think ?

Comment

I agree with everything you say richie, apart from the cost issue. I'm fortunate enough to own a 16m flagship pole, but there's no way that someone could just go out and spend £350 on 16m and be able to fish the same 16m feature peg as efficiently. Not suggesting i'm a better angler at all, just that the £350 16m pole will only be fishable at 13m
          MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

i totally agree any thing more that 14.5m is bad for you back no matter what you say and being as i have one i think it should be the limit in a match but not pleasure fishing. and this would take some time to come in as alot of people would be disgustedly to fork out for the G10 and then find out they cant fish it at 16m i know i would be.

Me and my dad always have this contest he says they should ban 16m poles even thou he has one
            [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
            Guess who is back...
            [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
            [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

your right team rattler your not a better angler lol

Comment

Where've you been hiding shorty?
                MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

been working 24/7 bud

Comment

would that mean i cant use a waggler at more than 14.5meters.................
                    ill get my coat
                    In darkness we do what we can
                    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

I do get your point TEAM RATTLER , but dont agree totally . I,ve fished with a couple of lads who have used poles at 16/17 mts made up of sections off different poles and they bury you every time , but one of them now fishes for Maver Barnsley , but thats the class of the angler again . Some of them could do it with one hand behind their back. lol

Comment

I bet they paid more than £350 for their initial pole though.
                        MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

it wouldn't be enforceable as an across the board rule but is used in some competitions and on some venues i know of. as long as the organisers state the rule in advance then you pays your money and takes your choice. it is interesting because i think the cost of a quality 16m pole 1800 plus stops juniors and people on a tight budget thinking they can compete on a lot of venues without one. so would the sport benefit from a limit ...perhaps so but difficult to enforce.
                          the carrot bites back:D
                          ooh you are awful!!

Comment

i ent got a 16m pole and as you all know i think i can compete on all venues
                            [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
                            Guess who is back...
                            [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
                            [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

14.5m is OK as long as every venue is the same.

If you fish a Snake lake in summer and most of the pegs are 13/14.5m wide and yours is 16m then you are not going to compete.

Comment

Working...
                              X