Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Blanked....but happy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blanked....but happy!

Took a day off work yesterday (Friday) and had 5 hours at my local commercial!!!
    and.... I blanked...just 2 or 3 touches, not one "proper" developed bite!
    A couple of chaps further round the pool caught...but I didn't and neither did the 2 blokes next to me (one of who it turns out owns a local fishing tackle shop...so that made me feel better!!!)
    However, the real reason I am writing this is to say how much I enjoyed my day out, no doubt catching one or two of the critters would have been nice...but...I had a great day, my new warm weather gear kept me toasty warm...fishing in my books really is so much more than hoiking fish out of a puddle!!!!! The sign of a true angler must be coming in from blanking and still grinning!!!
    Cant wait to go again!!!!
    Happy days!!!!

That's the spirit Bradlo! Hope the sun keeps shining!
    John - Kingfisher
    Talk Angling Senior Member
    Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

That's exactly how i look at it , up to a few years ago i'd come off a match were i'd not done any good and be gutted and down , but after mixing with a few top lads you learn to get the right attitude and take the rough with the smooth. I blanked on a flooded river last week along with mosts others but strangely still enjoyed it , you cant win /catch all the time and to me its more than just the fishing , the scenery , birds and the outdoors is the full package , learn this and its becomes much more enjoyable. Far to many people have the win ,win,win attitude and go home sulking if they dont

Comment

Originally posted by richie View Post
        That's exactly how i look at it , up to a few years ago i'd come off a match were i'd not done any good and be gutted and down , but after mixing with a few top lads you learn to get the right attitude and take the rough with the smooth. I blanked on a flooded river last week along with mosts others but strangely still enjoyed it , you cant win /catch all the time and to me its more than just the fishing , the scenery , birds and the outdoors is the full package , learn this and its becomes much more enjoyable. Far to many people have the win ,win,win attitude and go home sulking if they dont
        I agree entirely Richie....
        Just to be outside in the open air, no pressure (well, I don't match fish!) and a nice flask of hot tomato soup!!!! Bliss !!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X