Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

midlands match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• midlands match

hi every 1 im organising a fishing match for people aged 16 and under but i need to know how many people would be interested so i can book the pool.
    the match will be some time in march on a sunday hopefully it will be at hollybush garden centre at there fishing pool so if ur interested add your name to the thread

Hi Dan

Little to old for this match. Hollybush garden centre have there own pool, how many pegs tell us more whats in there. I could put some flyers in the tackle shops near me to help you get some interest.
    Team Mosella Black Country [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
      Hi Dan

Little to old for this match. Hollybush garden centre have there own pool, how many pegs tell us more whats in there. I could put some flyers in the tackle shops near me to help you get some interest.
      hi ozzie ive asked hollybush to email me with some information and ill tell you wen i get some info on how many spots there is i no wot fish they have got in there tho they have got all types of carp,perch,roach,bream, and tench

Comment

daniel
        Where is the venue.Have a 12 year old son interested but it depends on the distance,also a rough idea on any dates you have in mind.
        thanks
        cornerstone.
        Ps,if you struggle to get enough youths,maybe you could run a doubles ,an oldie paired with their kid.just an idea.

Comment

thats a good idea oldie and their kid....... i like that
          In darkness we do what we can
          In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Is this the garden centre at Sharehill Wolverhampton.

Comment

ye its the garden centre in wolverhampton i will put the dates on wen soon it will be some time in march tho

Comment

the match will be at hollybush on the 23rd of march 2008

Comment

And you get a train ride to your peg or least you used to

I booked it for a knock up few years back but never told anyone where the venue was.

So so they followed me in convoy, other's I'd told we'd meet at the Hollybush.

Made everyone get their gear out the cars. 'Where's the pool' everyone was asking.

A not very helpfull 'over there' was my response. One of the guys quipped ' Bet we've gotto catch the kiddie model train to it'

5 minutes later the guy rolls up and say's 'all aboard' - you should have seen their faces.

Can't remember how many pegs - about 20 (?) we did the draw and a load of beafy blokes complete with tackle sat in the little carriages.

Off we went............best bit was going through a tunnel and you had to 'dip' your holdalls to get through.

The train then dropped everyone off at their pegs...........and picked us up at the end
                  Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Teepot View Post
                    thats a good idea oldie and their kid....... i like that

Can't wait to see Tricker Teepot on that train

Comment

This sounds like fun, do they stop at every peg - this is the future of fishing. Next they will build a railway next to the River Severn lol.
                      Team Mosella Black Country [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Comment

never mind the fishing i wanna get in with the engine driver
                        In darkness we do what we can
                        In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Teepot View Post
                          never mind the fishing i wanna get in with the engine driver

I'm saying nowt

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
                            This sounds like fun, do they stop at every peg

Yep - you preferably want a low draw - you get an extra 20 mins set up time to last drop off

Comment

Working...
                            X