Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

8.5 m pole help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.5 m pole help

Hi I've just brought a 8.5m margin pole with 2 top kits one has 20 elastic and the other a purple elastic quite light and I've managed a few roach on it but would like to catch something a bit bigger on it, or to try and catch a good sized net, am I better off fishing lakes or rivers this time of year? I tried fishing a lake in Suffolk yesterday called Hawstead lakes but blanked along with everyone else. I've fished for many years coarse, and carp but really fancy the pole.

Have you got any lakes with f1's round your way mate? They can be reliable at this time of year. Or just fish for roach,skimmers etc at 8.5m. It is traditionally a tough time of year for everyone. Try chopped worm-this can catch most fish that swim and perch will feed at all times of year and love a bit of chopped worm.
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

fishing at 8.5 meters at this time of the year can be tough as the fish move out into deeper water. Fish light with a small bait selection like chopped worm, maggots or castors. As paul K says f1's are a good bet as they feed all year round. There is a place in staffordshire called herron brook fisheries, and all there pools are stocked with f1's.

Comment

Hi many thanks for all your help, i take it F1's are a type of carp? I'm going to do a search for a lake near to where I live with F1's in cheers again

Comment

Yes they are and it is a lot harder to catch carp in winter as they dont feed as much as their metabolism rate slowes due to cold weather same as al fish.Thats why in winter a lot of anglers turn to roach bashing.But if u find a water with a good head of F1s u wont go far wrong mate.

Comment

Working...
          X